Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Ocean Jewel, Tampa (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=271823)

kiddj 06-13-2005 09:37 AM

Ocean Jewel, Tampa

How is the poker there? A lot of players? Soft? Rake? Is the place set up nice? Is it worth the hour boat trip to get there?

junkmail3 06-13-2005 09:52 AM

Re: Ocean Jewel, Tampa

Search "Ocean Jewel" really won't turn up too many off topic posts.

steamboatin 06-13-2005 11:34 AM

Unless you want to play $2 bingo, its the only game in town. Except for tourneys of course.

kiddj 06-13-2005 11:50 AM

I read through the "review" post(s), and that answered most of my questions. I am assuming that the Friday/Saturday night $3/$6 games are pretty good then? It's probably not as soft/fishy as the Hard Rock $1/$2 though, right? I suppose I'll have to check it out one of these weekends when I have time and a few hundred to blow. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

joshman1204 06-13-2005 11:52 AM

The hard rock should not be considered poker! that game is basically bingo as steamboating already said, they should just deal the cards and make everyone pay $8 then flip everyones cards over and deal the community cards and see who wins.

kiddj 06-13-2005 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The hard rock should not be considered poker! that game is basically bingo as steamboating already said, they should just deal the cards and make everyone pay $8 then flip everyones cards over and deal the community cards and see who wins.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've heard people say that, but why? I consistantly CRUSH the games there with solid play. Maybe you're refering to the $2/$2 gamblers anonymous fest. The $1/$2 plays more like the $0.25/$0.50 on Poker Stars, and it is very beatable and profitable.

steamboatin 06-13-2005 12:50 PM

I have only been there once and played the $2 table. I am certain solid poker would win in the long term but if you get used to higher stakes, $2 poker is painful.

kiddj 06-13-2005 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have only been there once and played the $2 table. I am certain solid poker would win in the long term but if you get used to higher stakes, $2 poker is painful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, well I'm poor so higher stakes may be painful. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Do you think I could hold my own at the Jewel $3/$6 if I'm consistently winning $1/$2 Poker Stars and running over the Hard Rock $1/$2?

steamboatin 06-13-2005 01:26 PM

Yes and probably the next limit higher but don't play with scared money, it is a recipe for disaster.

kiddj 06-13-2005 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes and probably the next limit higher but don't play with scared money, it is a recipe for disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen! Thank you!