Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Hand names (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=271010)

Mike Cuneo 06-12-2005 12:37 AM

Hand names

What are some funny names for hands in hold em? Last night someone won a pot with Q3, aka the "gay waiter" (queen with a trey). Never heard that before and I thought it was funny.

toss 06-12-2005 12:40 AM

Re: Hand names

QQ- Siegfreid and Roy
J5- Motown (Jackson 5)
JJ- Fish Hooks
22- Ducks
55- Speed limit

Someone else add the rest.

Scorpion 06-12-2005 12:46 AM

K9= canine
AKs= big slick
9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]= The helmuth
69= big lick
4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]= dark side of the fours

Just a few I know

theredwave 06-12-2005 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What are some funny names for hands in hold em? Last night someone won a pot with Q3, aka the "gay waiter" (queen with a trey). Never heard that before and I thought it was funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's actually called a "San Fransisco busboy" and not a "gay waiter".

shaundeeb 06-12-2005 12:55 AM

all 3 names are given to the hand. think about is a San Fransisco busyboy is a gay waitor. Since, the city has been stereotyped as having a large gay population.

TheTimeIsUp 06-12-2005 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was watching a game and he doubled up with Q3, and said "gay waiter wins!" I thought he was tlaking about himself [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

lightw1thoutheat 06-12-2005 01:48 AM

88 buzz lightyear- to infinity and beyond

lightw1thoutheat 06-12-2005 01:48 AM

oh and this one too
J4 the spare tire

"whats a jack for?"

utmt40 06-12-2005 02:29 AM

T4- Good Buddy
AQ- Big Chick
KJ- Capt. Hook
and my personal fav. a buddy of mine called an all-in with this and won against Aces.
92o- The Turd...because his nickname was Turd Ferguson. lol

UATrewqaz 06-12-2005 02:38 AM

I have the most clever none of you have heard yet!!!

I have only had one B&M experience in my life, went and played 4 days of 3/6 in Tunica at the Goldstrike and some 2/4 at Sam's Town. Anyway due to some VERY VERY bad luck and some bad play on my part I finished down about $300 (not that much for 3/6 I guess, just one bad swing) but anyway the first day I got into a decent sized pot with a guy, we raised back at each other a bit on most streets and when the cards were turned over his AK bested my AQ.

The dealer turns to me and says "Do you know what we call AQ offsuit around here?" I'm all "No what?"

"Anna Kournikova... looks really pretty, rarely wins." - A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]