Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   My political philosophy in a nutshell... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=270627)

jj_frap 06-11-2005 11:39 AM

My political philosophy in a nutshell...

Militant left-libertarian secularist, and enemy of China, America, Russia, Naziism, Stalinism, and theocracy.

Kurn, son of Mogh 06-11-2005 11:48 AM

Re: My political philosophy in a nutshell...

*Militant* and *libertarian* are contradictory.

MMMMMM 06-11-2005 01:42 PM

"Militant" suggests a lack of respect for others, and a good chance that you are a nutcase.

Felix_Nietsche 06-11-2005 02:53 PM

I left the libertarians because they don't win elections. Many libertarians have joined the Repubs and formed the Liberty Caucus whose goal is to shift the Repub platform to greater freedom.

Felix_Nietsche 06-11-2005 02:57 PM

"Militant" suggests a lack of respect for others, and a good chance that you are a nutcase.
Teddy Rooselvelt said "Speak softly and carry a big stick". The big stick referred to the military. He could also be argued he was a proponent of "gunboat diplomacy".

Do you consider Teddy R. a nutcase?

masse75 06-11-2005 03:02 PM

No, I consider him dead.

MMMMMM 06-11-2005 03:49 PM

Er, Felix...I am presuming a distinction of some sort between "militant" as relates to an individual, and "military" as relates to a country's armed forces. Also, I didn't get the impression that the original poster was using the term in the conventional military sense.

I think most "militants" (not meaning members of the official armed services) are probably nutcases.

What does a "Militant Leftist Libertarian" do, exactly? Are they anything like Militants Environmentalists, but different in what they choose as targets for sabotage? Now you've got me wondering.

HtotheNootch 06-11-2005 04:12 PM

"That government is best which governs the least."

- Thomas f'n Jefferson (although some attribute it to Thomas Paine)

johnc 06-11-2005 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I left the libertarians because they don't win elections. Many libertarians have joined the Repubs and formed the Liberty Caucus whose goal is to shift the Repub platform to greater freedom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck on that (or the Democrats for that matter). I personally don't trust either party any further than I could throw a loaded cement truck.

andyfox 06-11-2005 06:02 PM

"Do you consider Teddy R. a nutcase?"

In many ways, in foreign policy, yes, in the sense that he was a racist jingoist.