Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Wilco (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=269518)

Ulysses 06-09-2005 05:26 PM

Wilco

About to get on a plane right now to head back to SF so I can see Wilco on Saturday night at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley. This concert will be great. The Court and Spark opens, which is cool. I would have preferred The Roots, though, who open the next couple of shows in LA and Colorado.

IndieMatty 06-09-2005 05:27 PM

Re: Wilco

You lost me at "I would prefer the Roots".

Ulysses 06-09-2005 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen The Court and Spark live a few times. Never seen The Roots live.

whiskeytown 06-09-2005 05:34 PM

I'm really ambivilent about this...

to be honest, I think Jay Bennett brought a lot to Wilco - a lot more then people realize, and I think it showed in that I didn't think "A Ghost is Born" was nearly the album that YHF was.

Time will tell, I guess, but I know Jay was an important part of the sound of that band (the bio and documentaries were both pretty cool) and I can tell on the last record something was missing.

GL

RB

IndieMatty 06-09-2005 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen The Court and Spark live a few times. Never seen The Roots live.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh wait the roots were the openers to wilco?! I get it.

I thought for you Roots > Wilco.

BWebb 06-09-2005 06:16 PM

I'm going to be in SF on Saturday, but my buddies I'm going with have never heard of Wilco. I would have liked to check them out. Not a big fan, but I am starting to listen to their music.

mason55 06-09-2005 06:23 PM

the roots are super duper awesome live.

when i saw them they just alternated between an album track and a freestyle jam, with each member getting one jam where they got to solo for a bit.

sfer 06-10-2005 10:03 AM

I've seen Wilco twice in the last year and they've been fantastic both times.

My first year of college was in a dorm adjacent to the Greek. Free music when bands came to town, if you're willing to just listen.

wall_st 06-10-2005 05:05 PM

I saw them in san jose about 6 or so months ago. I did not get the roots opening though that would have been nice (alhough I saw them open for rage in like 96?).

Wilco was absolutely amazing. The crowd was really good. At first I was not happy about paying 40 bones for a ticket, but the show was absolutely worth it. They did two encores because the crowd was so nuts. And they played a wide variety of songs stuff from A.M. , I appreciated A ghost is born much more after seeing this show. Particularly the song theologians.

Ok I have talked myself into going to this show.

IndieMatty 06-10-2005 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw them in san jose about 6 or so months ago. I did not get the roots opening though that would have been nice (alhough I saw them open for rage in like 96?).

Wilco was absolutely amazing. The crowd was really good. At first I was not happy about paying 40 bones for a ticket, but the show was absolutely worth it. They did two encores because the crowd was so nuts. And they played a wide variety of songs stuff from A.M. , I appreciated A ghost is born much more after seeing this show. Particularly the song theologians.
Ok I have talked myself into going to this show.

[/ QUOTE ]

so [censored] true