Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Stealing with A6o. Too aggressive? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=269026)

eric5148 06-08-2005 11:46 PM

Stealing with A6o. Too aggressive?

No reads. Right after I 3bet the flop I had a feeling I was spewing chips.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Eric is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Eric raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Eric bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Eric 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Eric checks.

River: (5.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Eric raises</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 8.16 BB

thirddan 06-08-2005 11:58 PM

Re: Stealing with A6o. Too aggressive?

i open with that against all but the most solid blinds...

post flop is fine i think...i might bet the turn and fold to a c/r (which might be a good reason to check behind)...

crunchy1 06-09-2005 12:05 AM

I like everything about this hand except:
[ QUOTE ]
No reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are going to lose money in the long run donking around against unkowns like this.

Harv72b 06-09-2005 12:18 AM

I openraise A6o from the CO, period.

I don't terribly mind the flop 3-bet, especially since you used that to take a free card on the turn/induce a river bluff. But I agree that this is probably not the best tact to use vs. an unknown.

bigalt 06-09-2005 12:32 AM

what kind of reads would change your line and how? are you just interested in how often they'll ditch their blinds to a steal, or?

crunchy1 06-09-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what kind of reads would change your line and how? are you just interested in how often they'll ditch their blinds to a steal, or?

[/ QUOTE ]
In the generally tighter more aggressive 3/6 game I'd rather have a read when I'm making a steal with a weak offsuit Ace. I'm not that opposed to the PF raise - A6 is a decent favorite over a few random hands.

I just don't think I could 3-bet the flop with middle pair here and no read. I'd be calling the raise and check/folding the turn/river UI.

Maybe this is too weak/tight/passive - but I play 2/4 (and FWIW - I probably wouldn't play like this there either)

bigalt 06-09-2005 12:54 AM

that was more of a question than a challenge-- i'm a losing player at 2/4 so far and am considering moving back down.

crunchy1 06-09-2005 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that was more of a question than a challenge-- i'm a losing player at 2/4 so far and am considering moving back down.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry - I guess I really didn't answer your question. I like stealing against tight players who are likely to fold. Players who don't defend their blinds properly. And players who play poorly post-flop.

If the BB was a LAG in this hand I like the flop 3-bet. If BB was a TAG I like the flop 3-bet (maybe?!?). If BB was a LAP the 3-bet is not good.

Does that more accurately answer your question?

eric5148 06-09-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Players who don't defend their blinds properly. And players who play poorly post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This deacribes about 80% of 3/6 players. Which is why stealing with Ax from CO should be "standard."

joesbarngrill 06-09-2005 02:09 AM

I'd bet the turn. Hes very likely to bet river when u check behind on the turn like that from my experiences.