Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pure Tin Foil Hat Stuff - U wuz warned (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=268175)

FlFishOn 06-07-2005 10:26 PM

Pure Tin Foil Hat Stuff - U wuz warned

Proposition: Party and skins deal nonrandom turn and or river cards some small % of the time to benefit underdogs thus sending chips from good (winning) players to fishies.

Rebuttal: There's no way a bunch of programmers could keep such information under wraps. The dirty secret would get out (there are others, most are spurious or logically flawed).

This is all well covered ground. This week I read that the 42% owner or Party, Anurag Dikshit, is/was seriously involved in the software end of the business. Did he write the needed buggered code? I'm thinking that the rebuttal above now falls in light of this information. One skilled, highly placed programmer could easily and secretly cobble up the needed code. Hell, I could do it (in basic [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ). Now we know that such an individual exists at the highest level.

No need to flame, I'm immune.

b0000000000m 06-07-2005 10:31 PM

Re: Pure Tin Foil Hat Stuff - U wuz warned

Your idea is proposterous. If someone were going to rig the software to help fish, why would they only rig the "turn and river" cards? Why not preflop and the flop?

mungpo 06-07-2005 10:37 PM

What overwhelming evidence do you have to support your claim?

FlFishOn 06-07-2005 10:45 PM

Too easy to spot.

Drunk Bob 06-07-2005 10:46 PM

Caution: To avoid possible heat damage,Do not cover oven floor or an entire rack with Reynolds wrap aluminum foil except according to oven manufacturer's instructions.

EFF you Reynolds.If I get sucked out again while wearing your hat ; you are gonna face a lawsuit.

FlFishOn 06-07-2005 10:49 PM

I may never have evidence. The experiment needed to detect this bias is daunting to perform.

I do have some preliminary data that is not quite right.

BreakEvenPlayer 06-07-2005 11:15 PM

It would be an incredibly complicated code to assemble.

And yes, we would be able to detect it.

timprov 06-07-2005 11:23 PM

I'm 99% sure Dikshit doesn't maintain his own code now, and 100% after the IPO. Still too many people involved.

PokerBob 06-07-2005 11:30 PM

Why would Party do anything to jeopardize their cash cow? It begs the question, "If you had a 14 inch dick, would you cut it in half?"

JasonP530 06-07-2005 11:32 PM

How would you write code to find such a thing? any easy way to do it through Pokertracker? Preflop isnt as important as the randomness of the flop, turn and river. Give an advantage to those who play low cards, suited cards, any pair etc. I dont want to start (more) rumors, but I would be interested to know the results. If I can help, drop me a PM.