Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Raise this river one more time? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=267188)

Baloosh 06-06-2005 05:45 PM

Raise this river one more time?

Flop call ok? It was close: I need to make up 7SB by the river to peel one off on the flop (one of those "loose" calls). Did I want river overcalls on this one? I thought I did, since I would probably only make 1 more BB from the river raiser. All comments appreciated.

No reads yet... this was during my first orbit at the table.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (20.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 28.25 BB

aK13 06-06-2005 05:47 PM

Re: Raise this river one more time?

Of course.

Baloosh 06-06-2005 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm..can you be just a little more specific? Of course what... flop call ok? Raise the river?

aK13 06-06-2005 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm..can you be just a little more specific? Of course what... flop call ok? Raise the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop call is OK.

Board is fairly uncoordinated, 4 players already, and 16:1 (only need to make up 3 BB), peeling here is fine.

I'm under the impression that UTG+1 doesn't have a straight, or he would have capped you on the turn. I put him on 2pair, possibly AQ/AT/A9, and was waiting to raise on the later streets. Only other hand that *might* be possible is KJ, raising on the turn with his double gutshot, although I still find this pretty unlikely. I'd pay him off, in this case.

I also don't typically raise 99 with 3 limpers already, but I'm not too sure about that play.

gharp 06-06-2005 06:00 PM

Getting 15.5:1 on the flop with 2 set outs and ~1 BD straight out, I think you're OK seeing the turn.

I'm torn on the river. I really want to reraise, but UTG+1 looks like he means business with his turn raise + river check/raise. I think you'll see 86 or J8 for the straight enough times to make me want to just call.

Baloosh 06-07-2005 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting 15.5:1 on the flop with 2 set outs and ~1 BD straight out, I think you're OK seeing the turn.

I'm torn on the river. I really want to reraise, but UTG+1 looks like he means business with his turn raise + river check/raise. I think you'll see 86 or J8 for the straight enough times to make me want to just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought too. I just wanted to gauge my gut feeling, and see if it was close to the right play.

For those who are interested, nobody showed better than a single A, and MHIG. More additions to the buddy list.