Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Best SS 6 max site? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=267038)

og5 06-06-2005 02:09 PM

Best SS 6 max site?

I'm unfamiliar with the world outside of party (thanks a lot for not offering 2/4-3/6 6 max!) What do you guys think is the best site in terms of game selection and rake(back) I'm looking at these so far:

Pokerstars: Playing here now, nice game selection but no rakeback. I think I'll be done after I clear the bonus here

Ultimate bet: I hear they have the toughest games across the board and I've gotten crappy rakeback offers from the affiliates (highest is 25 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Pokerroom: I don't know much about this site but after checking pokerpulse it looks like they are about as big as UB. Good rakeback offers on their skin.

I'm not interested in 5 max so Paradise is out.

Comments appreciated especially on Prima (They seem like a big site, do they offer SS 6 max)

DMBFan23 06-06-2005 02:32 PM

Re: Best SS 6 max site?

there are some 28% offers out there for ultimate bet, and their 6max games are very very beatable at 2/4 and 3/6. I have heard their full ring games are tighter than most but this isnt the case for 6max

danzasmack 06-06-2005 02:55 PM

i have the same question, as i move up from the party 1/2 6 max and dont want to jump into 5/10 - my big problem with pokerstars is how their windows take priority. For example, say you are typing in an instant message or typing in a name in your PTDB and you are next to act on a Pstars hand, it will move the cursor to that screen. Sometimes I accidentally type there, get frusrated, etc. the party poker windows come up, but you must click on them to twice. I know this sounds like a silly thing but it kind of bugs me. How does UB compare to this?

Also the waiting system on pokerstars is awful. how is that on UB?

sin808 06-06-2005 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got me curious, why no 5-max?

sammy_g 06-06-2005 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokerroom: I don't know much about this site but after checking pokerpulse it looks like they are about as big as UB. Good rakeback offers on their skin.

[/ QUOTE ]
PokerRoom has only 5 max, too.

Why aren't you interested in 5 max?

DMBFan23 06-06-2005 03:47 PM

the "force window to front" thing happens on UB as well

pisses me off when I'm on IM.

waiting list works fine for UB.

og5 06-06-2005 03:52 PM

To be quite honest my effectiveness goes down with less people (which is wierd because I'm an awful full player but decent 6 max player, I think 6-7 handed is ideal for me) I know I'll have to fix this before I try the party 5/10 but for now I want to stick to 6 max.

freekobe 06-07-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the "force window to front" thing happens on UB as well

pisses me off when I'm on IM.

waiting list works fine for UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you can change this option on UB. Click "options" and uncheck "force window to front" and see if that works.