Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Matt Hilger - Internet Texas Hold Em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=267012)

celiboy 06-06-2005 01:41 PM

Matt Hilger - Internet Texas Hold Em

Howdy

I play on Absolute and I have accumulated enough points to get Matt Hilger's book from the ARP store. Normally I use the points to enter freerolls on AP, but am considering cashing them in for the book. I read the reviews on Amazon.com and they were favorable. Anyone here have any comments?

playersare 06-06-2005 01:53 PM

Re: Matt Hilger - Internet Texas Hold Em

it's a good book that fits neatly in between Lee Jones WLLH and Ed Miller SSHE. if you're playing online micro limits $2/4 and below, it will be worth the read.

uuDevil 06-06-2005 01:57 PM

It's worthwhile. Get it.

It has been discussed at length. For varying opinions, see this thread, for example.

Dangergirl 06-06-2005 02:54 PM

I also enjoyed this book mostly for the hand quizzes at the end of each chapter.

King Yao 06-06-2005 03:08 PM

I think its a good book for beginners. If you consider yourself one, you should get it. If you think you are more advanced, there are better books.

maurile 06-06-2005 05:38 PM

I'd give Matt Hilger the edge over Lee Jones and Gary Carson for having written the best introductory book on hold 'em. (I haven't read GSIH, and I don't really consider SSH, HPFAP, MLE, or WTOIHP to be introductory books.)

[ QUOTE ]
I'd give Matt Hilger the edge over Lee Jones and Gary Carson for having written the best introductory book on hold 'em. (I haven't read GSIH, and I don't really consider SSH, HPFAP, MLE, or WTOIHP to be introductory books.)

[/ QUOTE ]
What does MLE and WTOIHP stand for again?
I do agree that ITH is probably the best introductory hold'em book out there. No other limit hold'em book covers virtually all situations as thoroughly. It's also got one of the best explanations of pot odds anywhere. If I were to start limit hold'em today, I would read ITH with Getting started in hold'em..that would be an excellent introductory primer for hold'em.

maurile 06-07-2005 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What does MLE and WTOIHP stand for again?

[/ QUOTE ]
I figured somebody'd ask about WTOIHP -- as far as I know, it hasn't been referred to by its acronym yet.

MLE = Middle Limit Holdem (Ciaffone & Brier)
WTOIHP = Weighing The Odds in Holdem Poker (King Yao)

Beach-Whale 06-07-2005 04:03 AM

I'd say MLE is a bad acronym for Middle Limit Holdem.

theredwave 06-07-2005 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play on Absolute and I have accumulated enough points to get Matt Hilger's book from the ARP store

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to stray to far from the topic but where can I find the ARP store on Absolute?