Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I hate Ipod and want something else for MP3's (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=266333)

fsuplayer 06-05-2005 02:06 PM

I hate Ipod and want something else for MP3\'s

my ipod froze, my songs got effed up on my old computer, and now apple wants $30 for shipping to fix it, AND its not compatible with napster's new unlimited songs for $15/mth.

so....i am getting a new MP3 player, but dont know much else about other brands.

I want one that is small, has a very usable interface, and it doesnt have to be able to hold 10k songs, 1500 or more should be fine. batt. life is important too.

i saw the smaller rio at circuit city and it looked nice, but i know little about it other than that.

any help would be great.

thanks

fsuplayer

The Stranger 06-05-2005 02:29 PM

Re: I hate Ipod and want something else for MP3\'s

[ QUOTE ]
my ipod froze, my songs got effed up on my old computer, and now apple wants $30 for shipping to fix it,

[/ QUOTE ]

No Apple Store in your area? That sucks, but it actually pretty fair.

[ QUOTE ]
AND its not compatible with napster's new unlimited songs for $15/mth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? I don't use Napster, and I don't know how tech savvy you are, but I would imagine there's a way to get it to work.

Joe826 06-05-2005 02:31 PM

I'm wondering the same thing. my ipod has broken THREE times in the last 9 months and I don't understand how anyone's continues to function.

I don't really know a good answer to your question, but if anyone knows some good ones, I would like suggestions on 10 GB+ units as well.

fsuplayer 06-05-2005 02:31 PM

yeah, compatible if you want to burn all the DL'd songs to a CD, then import them to itunes.

masse75 06-05-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AND its not compatible with napster's new unlimited songs for $15/mth.

[/ QUOTE ]

What format is Napster putting their music in? My wife has one of the Mini's, and I thought the iTunes software converted everything to a usable format.

Personally, I got an older iRiver--extremely happy with it. Only holds about 150 songs, but has built-in FM tuner. I like the product line they have, so you might want to check out some of the larger versions. My recommendation would be to look at CNET.com for reviews. That's where I looked.

Popinjay 06-05-2005 02:34 PM

iAudio

iRiver

hudat 06-05-2005 02:40 PM

yahoo offers subscriptions for $6 a month.

fsuplayer 06-05-2005 03:09 PM

ok, ill clear this up a little, i am not keeping my ipod, and I know what else is out there, but would like some personal opinions about different players by those who have owned them.

thanks guys.

Tron 06-05-2005 03:13 PM

Patrick Del Poker Grande loves this one. Seriously.

BruinEric 06-05-2005 03:14 PM

Why not check out a couple of the techno hardware review sites, or the Amazon.Com store reviews for the various models which interest you.

This would seem to be a more direct path to a prompt answer for you.