Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   WTF_PWNED by small stack? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=264362)

Eevee 06-02-2005 02:32 PM

WTF_PWNED by small stack?

PP 55. Villian is worse than a magikarp.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter

UTG (t1000)
Hero (t1000)
UTG+2 (t1765)
MP1 (t985)
MP2 (t955)
MP3 (t960)
CO (t1005)
Button (t955)
SB (t240)
BB (t1135)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t70</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls t60, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t152.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB bets t40
Hero?

-EV

Current Music: Eminem - Cleaning out my Closet

PS: For those unacquainted with the wonderful world of pokemon, Magikarp is probably the most useless weak pokemon ever.

brad the fish 06-02-2005 02:47 PM

Re: WTF_PWNED by small stack?

Grit your teeth and put him all in. This is probably a leak in my game - but at this point with QQ and him having such a short stack - if he hit his K I'm willing to pay him off.

Biloxi 06-02-2005 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grit your teeth and put him all in. This is probably a leak in my game - but at this point with QQ and him having such a short stack - if he hit his K I'm willing to pay him off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I probably raise his worthless pokemon A$$ too.
Pokemon [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Meatmaw 06-02-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS: For those unacquainted with the wonderful world of pokemon, Magikarp is probably the most useless weak pokemon ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even worse than Goldeen??? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

sorry i get my knowledge from the first 10 episodes of the cartoon.

Unarmed 06-02-2005 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You're dead against a K. Why blow him off whatever other crap hand he might have that you beat. It really doesn't matter all that much, but pushing is incorrect.

Phill S 06-02-2005 04:15 PM

He's so short i pot it on the flop, with the intention of raising/calling him all in on my next action.

If he happens to have been a magikarp that went to daycare and evolved into that big cool dragon then all credit to him for hitting the K.

I dont think he hit the K so he's prolly still a magikarp - dont be afraid of his 'splash' attack.

Phill

DasLeben 06-02-2005 04:17 PM

I fold. The blinds are just entirely too small to go to war like this. The busts that always make me laugh are when I see someone that can't lay down QQ or KK to an overcard.

EDIT: You know, now that I look at the hand some more and see how much he bet on the flop, I'm starting to side more with sticking out a good sized raise. Definitely not all-in though.

EDIT 2: Ugh. I just saw SB's stack size. Ignore the first part of my post. You're going to take his stack at some point this hand (I need to stop posting right after I wake up [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

Eevee 06-02-2005 04:19 PM

So you would call the t40? Then what? just passively call down any bets? If he will bet into you and probably otherwise fold to a raise on the flop, that would be a good move, but I think he knows he is committed here. with his 40 bet, he is committing to the pot. Its def a fold vs raise IMO and im leaning towards push...

-EV

Current Music: Nelly - Country Grammer

Eevee 06-02-2005 04:21 PM

At lvl 15 he learns tackle...that scares me a lil.

+EV

durron597 06-02-2005 04:21 PM

Edit from original post:

I didn't realize Villian is so short. There is no way I don't get allin on this board by the river. I probably call the flop and push the turn.