Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Too Tight on Bubble? 10+1 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=263818)

Eric Draven 06-01-2005 08:18 PM

Too Tight on Bubble? 10+1

It's been a fairly long SNG, and the blinds are going up in the next minute. The raiser is pretty solid, but there's also a good chance that he's stealing and I have him dominated. On the other hand there's an almost as good chance he has a pocket pair, and then I'm a slight dog. If I call, I only have about 3 BB left, and likely bust on the bubble... Am I over-thinking this and playing too tight?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t4380)
BB (t4480)
UTG (t3080)
Button (t1560)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t3080</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t3155

NYCNative 06-01-2005 08:19 PM

Re: Too Tight on Bubble? 10+1

Yes. Too tight. Call. You think he's only pushing KK or AA?

treeofwisdom7 06-01-2005 08:35 PM

i might fold this one.. if it is a PP then its a slight -EV

but i dont have my poker stove.. and i didnt run the ICM. which might change my mind

but i would use a little read to decide if i call or not

DDH 06-01-2005 08:35 PM

Yeah, this one, you need to ask yourself if you're playing to win the tournament, or simply to make the money. Playing to win the tournament, I don't think you can fold here.

treeofwisdom7 06-01-2005 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this one, you need to ask yourself if you're playing to win the tournament, or simply to make the money. Playing to win the tournament, I don't think you can fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was in this situation last night .. AQo n folded and still won 1st.

Eric Draven 06-01-2005 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I ended up winning the whole thing anyways, I was just wondering how close, or bad, this fold was. I don't know, I just felt like it was the right thing to do at the time... I was about 50/50 calling/folding, and ended up going with folding this time - was it really that bad, considering the stacks and such? If I was a short stack OR a monster stack, it would have insta-called... But was this fold that horrible?

NYCNative 06-01-2005 08:50 PM

You folded the 4th best possible hand against a player who you had covered. Sorry but I can't fold that.

psyduck 06-01-2005 08:53 PM

It's pretty close. Even against a smaller ace or KQ, you're not THAT much of a favorite. Against any PP, it's a flip. Against two unders, you're a 5:3 favorite.

What might make this is a fold is stack size and position, and the fact that villain went all in from --&gt;&gt; UTG &lt;&lt;--. If it was the button, then it might be a call, since you can put him on a steal more easily. Also, the next hand, you'll be the button with the largest stack and big blinds, so you can steal a lot then..

I'm probably making a huge mistake, but I wouldn't call this here. I hope others see this thread and give me a kick in the ass [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

treeofwisdom7 06-01-2005 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You folded the 4th best possible hand against a player who you had covered. Sorry but I can't fold that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i miss the point

NYCNative 06-01-2005 08:57 PM

Sure do.