Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Juan Gonzalez (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=263078)

KJS 05-31-2005 08:45 PM

Juan Gonzalez

So the Indians sign Juan Gon to come to camp in Spring. He shows some flashes of his old self and makes the club, which nets him $600,000. The day they make announcement he made it he gets hurt. So it is off to the bank and then extended Spring Training and AAA to rehab.

So he fights his way back to the Bigs, meaning perhaps he will justify the 600K he netted.

But he comes up in top of the first and...injures his hamstring running out a grounder.

Jesus Christ.

KJS

jnalpak 05-31-2005 08:57 PM

Re: Juan Gonzalez

ALAN HOUSTON.... nuff' said

600k is a steal

andyfox 05-31-2005 08:57 PM

Well it's understandable he injured himself, because he hasn't run out a grounder since 1997.

KJS 05-31-2005 09:01 PM

Well I think he hit below the Mendoza line in AAA, so he musta run out a few there.

To make matters worse, the Tribe had to designate their reserve LF for assignment, so they are short a man for 10 days, and can only get him back if he clears waivers.

*sigh*

KJS

Los Feliz Slim 05-31-2005 09:01 PM

He and Frank Thomas should start a useless club.

Oh, and they NEVER took the roids.

Soul Daddy 05-31-2005 09:03 PM

Still a good gamble. But he obviously sold his soul to the Devil to win 2 MVP's.

scott8 05-31-2005 09:04 PM

The tribe should get no sympathy.
Juan Gone hasn't had an injury free season in a decade.
Gambled and lost, no to mention they are a young team delevoping stars and had no business bringing him around in the first place.

andyfox 05-31-2005 10:26 PM

With Giambi an associate member.

ArchAngel71857 05-31-2005 11:17 PM

Shapiro made a huge blunder in signing Gonzalez. I think he felt pressured to get his contract extended after this year and went for a big name blindly ignoring that it's Juan Gonzalez and he sucks ass. Millwood has turned into a delightful surprise and the if the bullpen continues on its trend, then it should be clutch in late summer. HOpefully Martinez is coming out of his 4 month slump (last 2 of last season, and april-may this year) and we can not have three people in the starting lineup who hit below .200. I hope Crisp actually does make his early comeback.

Anywho, Juan Gonzalez is a worthless piece of trash whose is not pushing himself to come back because he made the opening day roster. I hope he gets hit by a bus, or pulls his hamstring jumping out of the way.

-AA

thewarden 05-31-2005 11:21 PM

Hey, Raul Mondesi is available.
Though I don't know if that's as frustrating as the "Big Hurt" getting hurt in his first game back. Probably about the same.