Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Was this a good move? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=262474)

jumpthru 05-30-2005 11:13 PM

Was this a good move?

I just finished playing a heads up homegame for $5. I had my opponent (fish) outchipped by like 1.5-1. Do you like this move of the century?

Opponent raises 15 preflop, I call with 46o. Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Opponent checks, and I go all in. He calls with AKo. Turn is a 4 and I win.

He claims it was a bad beat, but I had 2 live cards and I usually can somehow 'feel' when I think one of my cards is coming. I felt pretty sure that I would catch a pair on the turn or river so I think it was a strong move. I feel like a poker Goddess right now.

deepdowntruth 05-30-2005 11:25 PM

Re: Was this a good move?

"...I usually can somehow 'feel' when I think one of my cards is coming."

But can you feel when it *is* coming, instead of feeling when you *think* it's coming? If so, I want you on my team.

johnnycash 05-31-2005 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just finished playing a heads up homegame for $5. I (fish) had my opponent outchipped by like 1.5-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed?

BigRedAce 05-31-2005 02:41 AM

Did you also "feel" your opponent would call? Is so, it is usually not considered a good idea to go all in when you *know* you will be called by a better hand.

A better way to ask it is, if you could see your opponent's cards, would you have gone all in, or just checked? (See "The Theory of Poker" by Sklansky).

Also, how much was in the pot? It sounds like you made a massive overbet...

I don't know your opponent, but in this situation on line I would probably have made a 3/4 pot sized bet and take it from there.

JKDStudent 05-31-2005 09:41 AM

Well let's just say that calling an all-in w/ AKo on a highly coordinated board isn't exactly winning play of the year, either.

JoshuaMayes 05-31-2005 12:24 PM

If he is bad enough to call off all of his chips with nothing but overcards, why not wait until you have something and then punish him?

Have you tried using your "feelings" to beat the roulette wheel? You should put all your money on 26 the next time you "feel" it coming . . . .

Lottery Larry 05-31-2005 12:46 PM

You sound like my wife. Too bad this psychic ability isn't transferable to lottery ticket purchases.

And no, that was a bad move and worse logic.

brokedickrooster 05-31-2005 01:27 PM

Don't be results oriented. Bad move with good results, still a bad "move of the century".

NutCrackerr 05-31-2005 01:41 PM

This is a joke right?

Yarney 05-31-2005 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a joke right?

[/ QUOTE ]

One would certainly hope so...

If not, then what area of the country do you live in, I am always up for a heads up freeze-out.