Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Short Stacked Decision (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=261335)

sillyarms 05-29-2005 02:26 AM

Short Stacked Decision

2-5 nl live Harrahs North Kansas City.

3 limpers. A middle position player(whom I know to be a not bad player) makes it $25. I look down to see A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and have a stack of about $280. I call. BB calls, 2 of the limpers call.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checked to villan who bets $100. I push. Comments?

thanks in advance

silly

AZK 05-29-2005 02:32 AM

Re: Short Stacked Decision

sure.

Sobolous 05-29-2005 02:32 AM

you lost obviously, why are you playing tables where you cant afford a marginal loss like this?

Big_Jim 05-29-2005 03:30 AM

Looks pretty standard.

Buy in for $500.

edge 05-29-2005 03:38 AM

Reraising preflop is awkward because of the stack sizes. I guess another way to play it would be smoothcalling the flop and hoping for another player, but that's kind of weird.

sillyarms 05-29-2005 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks pretty standard.

Buy in for $500.

[/ QUOTE ] I would if I could but, this game has a $300 capped buy in.

[ QUOTE ]
you lost obviously, why are you playing tables where you cant afford a marginal loss like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can afford it. I just wanted to know if anyone thought a call was better here as I can't see my opponet calling with anything I can beat.

silly

soah 05-29-2005 04:26 AM

When was it changed to a $300 cap? I guess it's been a couple months since I've been out there.

I can think of a couple otherwise decent players who won't be able to get away from AQ in that spot, and there are some that might fold AK when you push. Depends on your opponent...

Due to the stack sizes and the preflop raise, there's not too much hope of getting away from this hand if you've been outflopped barring some great read. Just put the chips in and pray.

captZEEbo1 05-29-2005 06:26 AM

they call with a worse ace. If they are semibluffing a gutshot somehow, you don't want to let them see the next card...

creedofhubris 05-29-2005 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2-5 nl live Harrahs North Kansas City.

3 limpers. A middle position player(whom I know to be a not bad player) makes it $25. I look down to see A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and have a stack of about $280. I call. BB calls, 2 of the limpers call.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checked to villan who bets $100. I push. Comments?

thanks in advance

silly

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy decision with a stack that size.