Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   hu with nutdraw on monotone board (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=258647)

jaguar 05-24-2005 09:11 PM

hu with nutdraw on monotone board

2/4 HU nl

Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button and raises to 14 Villain calls

Flop comes 79J all [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain check, hero bets 28, villain reraises pot

Should hero push, call or fold?

nebben 05-24-2005 09:14 PM

Re: hu with nutdraw on monotone board

fold. your odds are bad, and how are you supposed to get paid off with that hand when the 4 d hits. You have no implied odds

jaguar 05-24-2005 09:22 PM

forgot to mention that there are 100BB stacks

diddle 05-24-2005 09:26 PM

I would push, but I'm not in the business of making big laydowns

creedofhubris 05-25-2005 03:37 AM

So villain raises to 84?

Hmm. That's an awkward number.

Folding is out of the question.

I think I would just call and see what comes off on the turn and how he plays it.

emil3000 05-25-2005 03:51 AM

Don't forget that hero is quite likely to have the best made hand along with the draw.

BluffTHIS! 05-25-2005 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget that hero is quite likely to have the best made hand along with the draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Headsup=PUSH unless he is extremely tight (in which case you probably shouldn't be playing him headsup). If he is loose to any degree he is going to make this move with any pair and a heart draw himself. See if he can take the heat and if he beats you then just rebuy. If he calls you with something like 97d then you don't want him making those types of laydowns anyway when a 3 flush flops.

ethan 05-25-2005 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Headsup=PUSH unless he is extremely tight (in which case you probably shouldn't be playing him headsup).

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

In my (albeit limited) experience playing heads-up, the players who've given me trouble haven't been the ones playing too tight.

edge 05-25-2005 04:26 AM

I think calling here is best. The stack sizes are too awkward to push here, and AJ can easily be ahead of a checkraising hand. I'd try to get it in on the turn unless something weird happened.

BluffTHIS! 05-25-2005 04:30 AM

Although this isn't the point of the original post, you are very right about this ethan. The type of loose aggressive player who is determined to make every move on you but not let you make any moves on him is very difficult to play against in general let alone headsup. Nonetheless, a good player should still be able to get the money from him. My only concern with such players which would dictate I not play them, is if they also have a propensity to hit and run. Also, if I get them stuck big and strongly believe that a certain (usually very short) buyin is their last buyin, in which case I can win no more from them but can only get them even, then I will quit them at that point unless they agree to buyin for substantially more.