Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   99 in the SB, party 5/10 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=258340)

Chobohoya 05-24-2005 12:09 PM

99 in the SB, party 5/10

UTG is very loose pre- and post-flop in the 30 or so hands I have with him. Not aggressive, but not too passive either. CO is TAG preflop, but goes to showdown a little too much I think. However, he's been running quite well.

I think a few of the streets have questionable decisions here.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

7ontheline 05-24-2005 12:12 PM

Re: 99 in the SB, party 5/10

Assuming you fold to a raise, not too bad I guess. You might get lower PPs and maybe even unimproved big aces to call you, although I'm not sure about that. This looks like a pretty clear bet/fold to me - check/call probably won't work, right? Any hand that's worse than yours may not bet, so you'll only call better hands.

Bluffoon 05-24-2005 12:20 PM

I would want to show this down and I wouldnt mind too much if it got checked through.

I would check call the river folding only if the action went bet raise.

wheelz 05-24-2005 12:22 PM

I don't see any questionable parts.

You're against a loose postflop player and a player who sees the showdown too much. You will no doubt get called by ace highs here, and no one's made it look like they have a ten.

MAxx 05-24-2005 12:26 PM

I think your line (assuming river bet fold) is good vs the players you describe.

Against some players, I think a checkcall is good. (vs agg/tricky players)

Against the really rare loose passives, I think we could find a checkfold somewheres.

Chobohoya 05-24-2005 12:50 PM

Results

[ QUOTE ]
I think your line (assuming river bet fold) is good vs the players you describe.

Against some players, I think a checkcall is good. (vs agg/tricky players)

Against the really rare loose passives, I think we could find a checkfold somewheres.

[/ QUOTE ]
My line on the river was indeed bet/fold.

Right now, this doesn't seem that hard. Immediately after the hand, I remember being uncertain of the river bet. Anyways, they both called. UTG had A7 and CO had 77, MHIG.