Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   KTo on passive table (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=257626)

dfscott 05-23-2005 11:52 AM

KTo on passive table

The table had been fairly passive -- lots of calling and small raises. Raisers had also been folding to pre-flop re-raises. Lots of uncontested blind steals, but in the last few rounds, people had started calling more.

The BB was eliminated last hand, so there is no small blind. The blinds are going up next hand and I have to take the BB (due to Party's f'ed up button moving).

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter

UTG (t850)
Hero (t943)
CO (t3942)
Button (t1200)
BB (t1065)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Hero ???

Since I'm sure someone will ask, ICM says that this push becomes +CEV only if you tighten the callers up to around JJ+, AQ+, which I think it probably unreasonable. I don't think ICM helps much here -- this is more of a "looking ahead" situation.

Phil Van Sexton 05-23-2005 12:20 PM

Re: KTo on passive table

I would probably push and lose.

zambonidrivr 05-23-2005 12:55 PM

easy push. kto is a preim hand

NYCNative 05-23-2005 12:59 PM

Easy push. You're short and you have two decent cards. Even if you get called you probably have two live cards (AQ, AJ).

Phill S 05-23-2005 01:03 PM

Call and see a flop.

kyro 05-23-2005 01:06 PM

If you steal and win, you've won 3/4 of a blind. I fold here without much thought, especially since people are getting looser.

NYCNative 05-23-2005 01:07 PM

And if he gets raised?

stanzee 05-23-2005 01:20 PM

i close my eyes and push, hoping KQ doesnt call me. Definitely wouldn't call.

Newt_Buggs 05-23-2005 01:35 PM

At first I said push, but with a passive table and only t100 in the pot to steal I just don't think that its worth it. I think a major factor though is how likely you think these passive players are to raise you off of your blind. Also if they're mini raising, it might give you the opportunity to pull off a stop and go next hand.

Phill S 05-23-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And if he gets raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a passive table, the chances are low enough that i risk it.

You call to see a flop to see if you cant get further paid on it - its a marginal hand and according to the caro two gear system, i make the call (seeing as i play mid to late game in high gear only).

And i disagree with pushing. The choice is limp or fold. I prefer limp, i dont see a problem with folding however.