Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   KK vs. maniac--I can't respect his raises (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=257618)

parttimepro 05-23-2005 11:41 AM

KK vs. maniac--I can\'t respect his raises

Playing 1/2 NL at Paradise. Across the table from me is a very loose, over aggressive player who's already lost 3 buyins. He semi-bluffs a lot, and often bets into perceived weakness. He rarely lays down those semi-bluffs to raises or reraises. I've seen him twice go all-in on the turn (and lose) with top pair weak kicker and an inside straight draw. He has $160, I have $300. Three seats to his right is a TAG player who I respect, and who seems to be targeting the LAG (lots of isolation raises).

I get dealt KK on the button. TAG player calls UTG+1, LAG calls, third player I don't have a read on calls. I raise to $10. Blinds fold and all three call.

$40 in the pot, and the flop is 2 6 7 rainbow. All check to me. Your move?

Typically I've been making continuation bets with any board when it's heads-up, but not auto-betting with missed overcards in a multi-way pot. I can either bet my hand ($30-$40) which is almost certainly ahead, or represent AK and check on this safe board, trying to get LAG to attack.

TheMainEvent 05-23-2005 12:06 PM

Re: KK vs. maniac--I can\'t respect his raises

Don't put all your attention on one player when there are four in the hand.

kongo_totte 05-23-2005 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't put all your attention on one player when there are four in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Bet out. The board is not that safe. A ordinaril tight player could have 9 8 for the OESD. Against 3 other players I donīt mind picking the pot up here. If you were HU I could see a check vs. a LAG (that is if you ever check over cards HU). There are alot of cards you donīt like to see on the turn.

bobbysteels 05-23-2005 01:05 PM

id bet 35 or so. i would also raise to 14 preflop. u dont want to play this hand against so many people...would the lag definately call a larger raise? if so id try to bring just him along. u need to bet strong on this flop...if im called by anyone but the lag i would probably slow down on the turn (fearing set or 2 pair) and value bet it for about 45 or 50 assuming one called and a blank hit. if just the lag comes id keep gettin after it.

parttimepro 05-23-2005 04:24 PM

Okay, so I didn't take your advice. I check. Turn is a T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], for 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the board. It's checked around to me again, and I bet $40. TAG folds, LAG minraises, and 3rd player folds.

LAG could have a wide range of hands here. Flush draw, straight draw, 2 pair, set, TX, total bluff. I've shown weakness by checking the flop, and could easily be making this play with AK or worse. I know if I call here, I'll call his last $70 on the river, no matter what card comes. I don't want him to get away from a busted draw, so I push, expecting to get called by his whole range of hands.