Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   109s out of sb (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=256838)

27offsooot 05-22-2005 01:53 AM

109s out of sb

BB is TAG, no reads on other two.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (11 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Not sure about flop and river. Thoughts appreciated.

Fnord 05-22-2005 01:59 AM

Re: 109s out of sb

Perfectly played.

My only thought is that there might be a case for bet/folding the flop because the pot is so small. However, the cold call from MP1 gives you good enough (implied) odds to call one sb planning to check/fold the turn unimproved.

27offsooot 05-22-2005 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My only thought is that there might be a case for bet/folding the flop because the pot is so small. However, calling and check/folding the turn unimproved can't bet a big mistake. I play it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there wasn't the ccer i was b/fing the flop. I started to hate my river bet after i made it though and I still do. c/c seems bad too (maybe c/f?). But i think betting is the worse of two evils. When in doubt, i seem to bet too much.

Fnord 05-22-2005 02:03 AM

Edited my original post.

Stack 05-22-2005 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I started to hate my river bet after i made it though and I still do. c/c seems bad too (maybe c/f?). But i think betting is the worse of two evils

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not see why. Maybe I deserve to...

I do not think folding should be an option here. I like bet/call. I can also live with c/c. But I can fold here. Maybe I'm missing something?

smartalecc5 05-22-2005 02:40 AM

looks good to me

ropey 05-22-2005 03:07 AM

Prove to me why making that flop call is good...

-ropey

Stack 05-22-2005 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Prove to me why making that flop call is good...

-ropey

[/ QUOTE ]

7:1 immediate odds with the possibility of two or three BB in later rounds if we hit.

sweetjazz 05-22-2005 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I started to hate my river bet after i made it though and I still do. c/c seems bad too (maybe c/f?). But i think betting is the worse of two evils

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not see why. Maybe I deserve to...

I do not think folding should be an option here. I like bet/call. I can also live with c/c. But I can fold here. Maybe I'm missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero's two pair was counterfeited on the river. BB's likely hand is now aces up. I'm not folding this for one more bet on the river, so I think a bet/fold line is okay. If BB gets out of line a lot, then check/call is better. This is because you don't want to fold the best hand or put two bets in the pot with a likely losing hand; moreover, if BB is tricky, he's likely to take another stab at the pot when you check.

But against most villains, I think this is an appropriate time for the bet/fold line. (This coming from someone who tries to avoid bet/fold whenever possible.)

Stack 05-22-2005 04:05 AM

Thanks for your clear explanaition sweetjazz.

[ QUOTE ]
Hero's two pair was counterfeited on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I need some sleep as I did not realize this.

I agree with the bet/fold line here since checking lets villain bet his good hands for value and check behind with his worse hands.

Thanks again.