Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I'm cleaning up. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=256613)

Joe Tall 05-21-2005 05:15 PM

I\'m cleaning up.

20/40 Lucky Chances last night.

One preflop-loose postflop-laggish player limps in the CO, predictible friend of his limps on the button the SB calls and I check w/T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, CO raises, button and SB folds and I call.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, SB bets, I call.

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, he hesitates and bets, I quickly call.

Headed to the Giants v. A's game, peace,
Joe Tall

YoureToast 05-21-2005 06:11 PM

Re: I\'m cleaning up.

why no raise?

Garland 05-21-2005 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: 8 6 2

SB checks, I bet, CO raises, button and SB folds and I call

[/ QUOTE ]
turn:
[ QUOTE ]
I check, SB bets, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see the game where SB can fold the flop and continue on the turn. Also, I'd love to see the game where SB acts second[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Of course you made a typo and meant to type CO.

You're in my neck of the woods. Perhaps I'll bump into. Oh yeah. Nice hand.

Garland

Chris Daddy Cool 05-21-2005 07:52 PM

hi joe, i like it.

Joe Tall 05-22-2005 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why no raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I can't call a 3-bet or he can't call a raise.

Joe Tall 05-22-2005 10:51 PM

RESULTS

My opponent showed A8o and I dragged.

Schizo 05-22-2005 11:42 PM

Why is this a bet??? You're out of position and the only thing you have is a BDFD (1.5 outs maximum but probably much less), gutshot (4 outs) and 2 overs (3 outs) in a 4 way pot. With 7 (not sure how to adjust the 1.5 for the BDFD) outs you need 5.6:1 odds to call. You are betting betting which is -EV with less then 5.6 and you have 3 callers. You might be semi-bluffing in a 4 way pot, so I guess it's good that you're OOP to avoid being check raised but still.

Sorry for the basic noob question but I don't see these kinds of plays in the SS forum at all.

rigoletto 05-22-2005 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is this a bet??? You're out of position and the only thing you have is a BDFD (1.5 outs maximum but probably much less), gutshot (4 outs) and 2 overs (3 outs) in a 4 way pot. With 7 (not sure how to adjust the 1.5 for the BDFD) outs you need 5.6:1 odds to call. You are betting betting which is -EV with less then 5.6 and you have 3 callers. You might be semi-bluffing in a 4 way pot, so I guess it's good that you're OOP to avoid being check raised but still.

Sorry for the basic noob question but I don't see these kinds of plays in the SS forum at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also have 2 overcard outs and this is the kind of flop that hasn't hit many, so you bet to 1) take it down right there or 2) purify on the flop.

flawless_victory 05-22-2005 11:52 PM

i think you shoulda bet the river.

JDalla 05-23-2005 12:50 AM

I say turn and river were done right, not sure about leading on the flop though.