Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   bb trash flops an oesfd (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=256361)

fisherman112 05-21-2005 03:42 AM

bb trash flops an oesfd

live 5/5 game, 9 handed
hero has 600 behind in the bb, villain has him covered
i understand i played this hand passively, but the villain was a very aggressive player when he liked his hand and i didnt want to build up a pot on the flop OOP to get most of my money in against trips when im only 43%. i dont like the way i played the hand at all, but i didnt see an appealing alternative.

8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the bb, villain limps from EP, 2 other limpers, sb completes, hero checks

flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

hero checks, villain bets 20, folds to hero who calls

turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

hero checks, villain bets 100, hero ???

solid 05-21-2005 04:04 AM

Re: bb trash flops an oesfd

this looks like an easy fold to me.

Prevaricator 05-21-2005 04:07 AM

If villian is tight then you could raise here because he wont have a seven, although I'd probably still fold.

creedofhubris 05-21-2005 04:36 AM

I might bet the turn.

Prevaricator 05-21-2005 04:50 AM

I think CRing the flop looks less like a draw then leading the turn. How much do you lead the turn for? I think the best way to represent the 7 is going for CR on turn, but when he bets that much, its hard to pull the trigger.

thabadguy 05-21-2005 04:55 AM

No1 like a semibluff lead or CR on the flop?
If he limped, he might well have something like 7-8 or worst case 6-7.
I think i would either lead or Check-minraise this flop. I think this might get villain to slow down and get you a free card. The way you played it, i think it would like very much like a flush draw and would cost you a lot on an unimproved turn against a good player.
If he calls , I check-fold unimproved turn.
Am i just too damn aggressive for my own good?

creedofhubris 05-21-2005 09:28 AM

It's hard to get a free card out of position. If you do something weird and tricky like check/min-raise the flop, then check the turn, your opponent is likely to bet.

That's why I like check/call, bet out turn. That's how I'd play it with trips a fair percentage of the time. Opponent has to be somewhat scared and may drop a mid pair, and is likely to drop a bluff.

Leading the flop is also fine.

RoboRob 05-21-2005 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If villian is tight then you could raise here because he wont have a seven, although I'd probably still fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because he is tight preflop doesn't mean he won't bet out with his open set on the flop to protect it.

RollaJ 05-21-2005 02:59 PM

I c/r the flop, very easy to represent a hand with a free ride in the BB. c/r the turn is too expensive after his turn bet. compared to stack sizes, so Id fold the turn as it played out.