Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   impossible to beat cardroom 4/8 game? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=256161)

californicator 05-20-2005 08:43 PM

impossible to beat cardroom 4/8 game?

i play a 4/8 HE game at a local cardroom where 5 of the 10 seats are house players (when there aren't enough players to make the full ring). my problem isn't with the live players.

the house players seem to play with house money (unlimited BR) and call to showdown if they hold any 2 suited connectors, underpairs or 2nd and 3rd pair. i get out-drawn constantly despite defensive betting (my overpairs vs. flush/straight draws, and my overpairs vs. drawn sets).

any tips?

poker327 05-20-2005 08:51 PM

Re: impossible to beat cardroom 4/8 game?

Make them pay for their draws and you will come out ahead in the long run.

pudley4 05-20-2005 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i play a 4/8 HE game at a local cardroom where 5 of the 10 seats are house players (when there aren't enough players to make the full ring). my problem isn't with the live players.

the house players seem to play with house money (unlimited BR) and call to showdown if they hold any 2 suited connectors, underpairs or 2nd and 3rd pair. i get out-drawn constantly despite defensive betting (my overpairs vs. flush/straight draws, and my overpairs vs. drawn sets).

any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't beat players who will call your top pair with bottom pair? You can't beat players who only get 1-1 on their money when they're 22-1 to hit a set?

Is that what you're saying?

blendedsuit 05-20-2005 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

where is this???
Don't Bluff!

toby 05-20-2005 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

where is this???
Don't Bluff!

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like heaven. don't bluff, play more suited cards and connectors since by your description they sound loose and passive(perfect for cheap draws). erase the memory of a suckout each time your top pair beats their underpair.

lighterjobs 05-21-2005 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm..
this should help

csuf_gambler 05-21-2005 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. im speechless

Luv2DriveTT 05-21-2005 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is your card room, your post made me decide that it's time to move.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

uw_madtown 05-21-2005 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop sucking.

Also, read SSH.

Klepton 05-21-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. this game is unbeatable.

i suggest leaving town.