Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Best Weekend SSNL Holdem Rings in Vegas (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=256097)

nokona13 05-20-2005 06:36 PM

Best Weekend SSNL Holdem Rings in Vegas

Sorry to rehash this, but I can never find ANYTHING with the search on 2+2. I'm makin the drive to Vegas this weekend and was wondering what $100 or $200 max buy games people recommend that will be running on weekends.

Thanks!

fimbulwinter 05-20-2005 06:46 PM

Re: Best Weekend SSNL Holdem Rings in Vegas

200 games (ranked by fishiness):
1. bellagio (2/5)
2. MGM (really 2/5 500NL)
3. ballys (1/2)

100 games
1. MGM (1/2)
2. harrah's?, luxor (1/2)

really anything besides the uncapped games will be buttersoft, so give 'em all a whirl. just don't get too far over your BR cos the swings are big playing live (I lost ~1100 last time at MGM 500NL)

fim

wall_st 05-20-2005 09:27 PM

Count the exaclibur in on the 100 games.

Ghazban 05-20-2005 09:32 PM

The MGM 1/2 blind game is a 200 max buyin now (as of mid-April). It was very soft even during the week when I was there; I assume its at least as good on the weekend.

iceman5 05-20-2005 10:24 PM

What are the standard raises in a $1/$2 NL Live game with a $200 max buy in? Is it pretty much like it is online? $6-$10 preflop raise?

Last time I was in Vegas I played the $1/$2 at the Horseshoe and the standard raise was $20-$25 (no capped buy in though)

Last time I played $2/$5 $300 buy in live, people were raising to $25 and calling a $100 reraise with KQ.

grouchie 05-20-2005 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The MGM 1/2 blind game is a 200 max buyin now (as of mid-April). It was very soft even during the week when I was there; I assume its at least as good on the weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my favorite game the week I was in Vegas. I loved the 200 buy-in.
Of course, I really loved playing with Gina (dealer) during two of the days... great personality, and it helps that i've got a love of korean women.

deadheadsteve 05-21-2005 11:36 PM

I play the 1/2 at the MGM a lot. Very fishy. Typical opening raise is between $10 and $15, although sometimes you will hit a tight table where they only raise 3x the big blind. You'll always have at least 2 people at the table who has never played a live game. Maybe 1 or 2 good players.

swolfe 05-21-2005 11:57 PM

i was just in vegas.

i played at the excalibur (where i stayed) and at the MGM.

the excalibur game was $1/$2 with a $100 max buy-in. i didn't like it since i've gotten accustomed to 100BB stacks and they wouldn't let you top off unless you got to less than $50. there were a couple players that knew what they were doing, but half the table was completely terrible. it sucked really since there's not enough room to play poker post-flop...generally it's all in there with those stacks.

i had one hand where i raised from the BB with AK and got 4 callers..hit a K, potted the flop (with almost half my stack), pushed the turn and was called by a guy with 83o who hit bottom pair on the flop and rivered the 8 for two pair. meh.

the MGM game was very good. $1/$2 with $200 buy-in...top off any time. i played there for about 6 hours and walked away having tripled up. most of the players were decent, but there were several in and out that were clueless.

Nate_Dogg 05-22-2005 01:07 AM

Take this with a grain of salt b/c it is based on a sample size of one, but when I was in Vegas during March Madness the Mandalay had the worst NL players I have ever seen in my life. In one hand I struggled thinking about calling an opponents big all-in bet with bottom set only to discover that he had top pair weakish kicker. (he did not think he was bluffing). With average cards and mediocre play I won 1500 in about 12 hours of play over two days. (4 of those hours I was stone drunk too)