Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   short-stack play (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=253564)

feral 05-16-2005 08:35 PM

short-stack play

I'd appreciate feedback on a hand I went out on recently in a multitable B&M tournament. It's just a few hands past the rebuy period, and I have $825, with the blinds at 100-200. I've just been moved to this table, so I have no real reads. I'm on the BB. UTG raises to $700, the rest of the table folds. I am holding K6o. Is it possible to fold here with $200 committed? Should I push in, or try a stop-and-go?

Thanks

Lloyd 05-17-2005 03:06 AM

Re: short-stack play

How big is UTG's stack?

CardSharpCook 05-17-2005 03:36 AM

I think you can find a better hand/time. Calling with 125 behind isn't an option - it is either push or fold, and I don't mind dropping back down to 625 (and 525 after SB) to wait for a better opportunity. Don't give up yet.

CSC

Also, stop and go refers to an out-of-position raise (which is called), and then a check/rz.

bugstud 05-17-2005 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, stop and go refers to an out-of-position raise (which is called), and then a check/rz.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you call a raise then open push the flop OOP.

SixgunSam 05-17-2005 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd appreciate feedback on a hand I went out on recently in a multitable B&M tournament. It's just a few hands past the rebuy period, and I have $825, with the blinds at 100-200. I've just been moved to this table, so I have no real reads. I'm on the BB. UTG raises to $700, the rest of the table folds. I am holding K6o. Is it possible to fold here with $200 committed? Should I push in, or try a stop-and-go?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

To be able to do a stop and go, you need to have enough chips to be able to push him off a flop. You would be able to bet $125 at a $1500 pot, which is a bet he should call with any hand. Push or fold, but I would probably fold.

Kristian 05-17-2005 09:37 AM

Fold, no question about it.

A_PLUS 05-17-2005 11:05 AM

I think folding is the only play. I would have pushed UG with any two though. Just a personal preference, I dont let myself under 5X BB unless I have a very good reason.

Even with a pretty generous range, you dont have the odds for this call.

2005 05-17-2005 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can find a better hand/time. Calling with 125 behind isn't an option - it is either push or fold, and I don't mind dropping back down to 625 (and 525 after SB) to wait for a better opportunity. Don't give up yet.

CSC

Also, stop n go refers to calling a raise from OOP and pushing any flop(except one that nails you squarely in the face)

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.... also, I agree that you should wait.