Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Getting Started (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=253514)

jpg7n16 05-16-2005 06:44 PM

Getting Started

Has there been some FAQ thread or something posted about what steps you should take when getting started? This search thing is being difficult.

Also on a very different note... is there anyone willing to transfer like seriously $1 to my PokerStars account? lol I know it's kinda dumb, but I'm too impatient to wait on NeTeller, since I'm tryin to find my checkbook and 4-5 days is long.

bluefeet 05-16-2005 07:22 PM

Re: Getting Started

good luck. pay me back after you make your first million.

...FAQ's? couldn't really tell you. i'm a sng guy. if you hang out in the micro's for a few days, you'll surely stumble on something. make use of search function with the forum. very power tool to find answers to most of your questions.

jpg7n16 05-16-2005 07:30 PM

Dude you are the most awesome person ever [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] lol

Hey thanks by the way

Is your name on there the same as on here?

SheridanCat 05-16-2005 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has there been some FAQ thread or something posted about what steps you should take when getting started? This search thing is being difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this and read the "bonus whoring" question/answer.

Beginner's FAQ

Good luck,

T

jpg7n16 05-17-2005 12:13 AM

Thanks Sheridan! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll bookmark that

and oh yeah... I'll start bw-ing once I build bluefeet's $1 into about $120 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] so give me 2 or 3 days lol

SheridanCat 05-17-2005 12:28 AM

I have no attachment to Royal Vegas - in fact I think their software is pretty bad - but they're giving $10 to anyone who opens a poker account. Just sign up and you'll have $10 deposited in your account.

Just FYI.

Regards,

T

astarck 05-17-2005 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no attachment to Royal Vegas - in fact I think their software is pretty bad - but they're giving $10 to anyone who opens a poker account. Just sign up and you'll have $10 deposited in your account.

Just FYI.

Regards,

T

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are 1 to 2 more sites that also offer this. Can't think of the names off the top of my head, but they are out there.

McNeese72 05-17-2005 06:05 PM

Pacific Poker gives you $10 for signing up to their real money games, too. I've been mainly playing at Stars but I took Pacific up on it a couple of weeks ago as a project to see how far I can go with it. I've got it up to over $40 in two weeks playing just .05/.10 limit games. I'm going to build it up some more then move up and see how far I can go with it.

PuckNPoker 05-17-2005 07:04 PM

Read Ed Millers "Getting Started in Holdem" book. Once you've absorbed the limit section and played awhile, buy "Small Stakes Holdem" to further yourself along.

Wozza 05-17-2005 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pacific Poker gives you $10 for signing up to their real money games, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have to deposit anything to get that 10 bucks? I know that just signing on at Royal Vegas gets you the money there (my $10 is up to $21.50 after playing a few hours at the .10/.20).