Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   2nd hand of $22, UTG with QQ, I push? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=252743)

Sponger15SB 05-15-2005 02:13 PM

2nd hand of $22, UTG with QQ, I push?

Has something like this been posted before?

$22 SNG, first hand nothing, 2nd hand I go all in.

Can anyone explain to me why this is a good/bad idea math wise or otherwise?

Apathy 05-15-2005 02:16 PM

Re: 2nd hand of $22, UTG with QQ, I push?

Will anyone call you with a worse hand? What exactly are the opponents calling ranges when you push so early? If you think 9's and AJ will call then sure I guess, but this is a pretty terrible play, Why would you want to do this?

Or am I mis-understanding your question...are you asking HOW bad this play is, in terms of $EV?

Sponger15SB 05-15-2005 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or am I mis-understanding your question...are you asking HOW bad this play is, in terms of $EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

Like, if people will call with crap, is this a good enough play to make to negate the times people call with KK and AA....

but the thing is that I will probably end up losing my stack to KK and AA anyways, so I might as well try getting in as much as possible against the 99 & AJ crowd

microbet 05-15-2005 02:39 PM

Don't have data to back it up, but at the buyins I've played so far, I think all-in preflop (not necessarily just pushing from UTG) is good with QQ in the $11s, a tough choice in the $22s and bad in the $33s.

If you make a decent raise, and are not reraised, you are probably not facing AA or KK and are not likely to get busted by them postflop. If you make a decent raise and are called, you should certainly be able to get away from a flop with and Ace.

J-Lo 05-15-2005 03:09 PM

A fat raise to 75-90 range will get plenty of money in preflop. Most of the time, everyone will fold and u pick up the blinds w/ an open push. The move of honor works better at the $11's or NL Ring games.

astarck 05-15-2005 05:09 PM

At the lowest limits you might get called by someone who has AJ thinking he is up against a maniac that will play anything. I couldn't offer a guess or data as to whether or not this offsets those that will call with AA/KK.

Phoenix1010 05-15-2005 05:22 PM

Next time go all-in on the first hand with nothing, have everyone fold, and then get QQ on the second hand and go all-in and have two people call you. Much more effective.

astarck 05-15-2005 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Next time go all-in on the first hand with nothing, have everyone fold, and then get QQ on the second hand and go all-in and have two people call you. Much more effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Effective and funny.

If only you could control the 2nd hand....

treeofwisdom7 05-15-2005 05:50 PM

somewhere around 1/12 times you will be dominated by AAKK and a lot more of the time your gonna be against AKso.. 1/9 times you will be even money. so 2/12 times your ev is 0. 1/12 you will get -1.3k ev if the buy in is 1.5k and 9/12 times you will get +1.2k ev if they call.... so you would need them to call with the worst hand 2/9 times to have a little value in that play.

i think thats correct. now you gotta throw these numbers in the ICM.. i dont think its a worth while play.. how bout you raise and get called with the worst hands and just make a profit from them after the flop

Chiron 05-15-2005 06:46 PM

going all in with QQ on the second hand of any SNG is pretty horrible, IMO. classic rookie play.