Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Viable bluff or more leaking? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=252648)

MrG 05-15-2005 09:43 AM

Viable bluff or more leaking?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

aron 05-15-2005 09:55 AM

Re: Viable bluff or more leaking?

Hard to say without reads.

Does he bluff bet? Does he fold the river a lot?

If the answer on the questions above are "yes", then I like that bet.

-aron

topspin 05-15-2005 10:37 AM

Why in the world aren't you following up with a flop bet?

Rev. Good Will 05-15-2005 11:03 AM

grunching

You've been posting alot of these hands. Please try to include some reads on villian's style in each hand, alot of plays are read-dependent.

I would bet the flop, right now, Ace high probably is the best hand. a hand like that is very vulnurable, so just try to win the pot right there.

I'm kinda iffy on the turn raise, but I guess it's kosher because I don't know how that 5 could've helped him. (unless villian is aggro and would bet an underpair he caught)

given what villian did on turn, nice flop bet.

OldYoda 05-15-2005 11:06 AM

I'd think I like it better if you had bet the flop.My experience in micro limit tells me that bluffs are usually more effective when you have a board that represents.

MrG 05-15-2005 01:48 PM

I am tryin to represent the J, but slow played. So I wait for the turn to bet or raise.
This thinking is probably faulty which wouldn't surprise me since I have been playing poorly lately.

Buckmulligan 05-15-2005 01:52 PM

Preflop is good, but postflop is not. I really don't undersatnd your logic behind anything, to be honest. Betting that flop is probably for value, but raising that turn and betting that river just isn't.

jookiebrown 05-15-2005 02:18 PM

Is he/she a player who can understand your bluff play? Does he/she play his opponents cards or just his own? Do you believe that he/she will say "he must have that Jack"? Are you at a tight table where every bet is counted like a drop of blood? (if so ...why?) Is your table image strong? these are all things that may lead me to bluff.

bluffing at low levels is tough and I believe that you have to get paid for it; either in bets when they fold or bets later after someone plays at you because they remember this play.

You put a lot of chips in that pot to get just a couple.
IMHO you're better off saving the bets for when you have legit holdings.