Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Another Hand, not quite getting the hang of it (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=250875)

CaptainCrunch 05-12-2005 03:10 PM

Another Hand, not quite getting the hang of it

MP3 is new to the table, only saw 2 flops out of 10 or so hands.

I know, way too passive right? I feel gummed up at the turn lately, not sure whats going on in my head.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Reraise, as I have TPGK?

Turn: (6.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

I started to feel like a weenie here.

River: (8.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

McGahee 05-12-2005 03:15 PM

Re: Another Hand, not quite getting the hang of it

I don't think it matters much if you reraise the flop or lead the turn, but do one or the other.

gvibes 05-12-2005 03:19 PM

After it's heads-up, calling the flop and check/raising the turn becomes an option. However, I normally just 3-bet the flop and lead the turn, especially on a draw-ey board like this (could be raising hearts here, and may take a free card).

dvashun 05-12-2005 03:34 PM

3-bet/call the flop, lead the turn. If you are raised on the turn you are probably in trouble otherwise it looks like a heart draw or another ace trying to protect their hand.

Fantam 05-12-2005 03:45 PM

I seem to disagree with the other posters, because I would have played it the same way as you.

Thats because I dont think that it was necessarily in the flop raiser's best interests to eliminate other players with a raise if he was on a flush draw.

I would suspect 2 pair, or a set or even a better kicker than yours to the A. So, I would call down to the river the same way you did.

CaptainCrunch 05-12-2005 03:51 PM

thank you. I'll look to do that next time a similar situation comes around. (this is a hand thats exemplary of what I was getting the last 2 sessions or so. Got a lot of different results from similar play.) I need to just be more agressive.

coinflip 05-12-2005 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it matters much if you reraise the flop or lead the turn, but do one or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd prefer to do both here.

MrWookie47 05-12-2005 03:56 PM

It sounds like you have a case of MUBS. You'll see a lot of lower A's and draws here, certainly often enough to make it three bets.

3bet that flop. Probably should call down if capped.

dvashun 05-12-2005 04:06 PM

The 3 bet helps define what hand he is raising with. I agree that if the raiser was on a flush draw the raise was poor. The flop raise could also be an effort to drive out the CO. Without a read on CO it is unlikely that he has a better kicker because he did not raise preflop and AK, AQ do get 3 bet. The only hands I can put CO that are problematic are 88 and 33. And if CO has those, a turn raise is more than likely if it wasn't capped on the flop.

homebrewer 05-12-2005 04:06 PM

Seems like MP3 is on flush draw or weak Ace - maybe two pair. 3-bet flop and lead turn. MP3's aggression should inform your actions after your 3-bet and turn lead.