Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   52s Against JBB -- Cleaning Up Outs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=250520)

sthief09 05-12-2005 12:42 AM

52s Against JBB -- Cleaning Up Outs

I was discussing how there really aren't that many times when it's best to raise to clean up outs with Michael Davis, and this hand came up at a live pink chip game

I was extremely bored and the table was extremely tight (like 8 2p2ers), so I was screwing around, straddling, and generally just trying to replace sfer as the retarded LAG

EP, a too loose but decent playing kid, open limps, Johnny Boom Boom raises in the hijack, Rusted Corpse calls I believe, I call with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button, a bitter old woman who's too loose and too weak, but extremely arrogant (BOWWTLATWBEA), and posts on 2+2 occasionally which I didn't realize at the time, semi-coldcalls, and a I think Luv2DriveTT called also. so it's 6 to the flop for 12 SB

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

blidns checks, decent kid bets out, JBB raises, Rusted Corpse folds, I insta-call, BOWWTLATWBEA says something like "I gotta see the turn, the pot's just so big," and everyone else folds but the decent kid. so it's 4 of us to the turn for 10 BB

Turn: 3 no heart

checked to JBB who bets, I raise, other two fold, JBB 3-bets

now I say something stupid and annoying like "gimme a 6!"

River: 5

JBB checks, I bet, JBB calls and MHIG

angry woman whined that she would've made her straight on the river with the A

Clarkmeister 05-12-2005 02:20 AM

Re: 52s Against JBB -- Cleaning Up Outs

yay!

private joker 05-12-2005 02:30 AM

How can you put the old bag on specifically A3 to say your turn raise is cleaning up your 2-pair outs? Nobody else has a deuce, and an A or 6 is likely to give you the best hand regardless of other holdings.

sthief09 05-12-2005 02:41 AM

she's awful enough to call the flop with like A9o or something. TT plays tight too so he could possibly have something like A4 or A3 + bd frush

elindauer 05-12-2005 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you put the old bag on specifically A3 to say your turn raise is cleaning up your 2-pair outs?

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn was a 3. If the raise folds the remaining aces it makes a 5 good.

Good luck.
Eric

gaming_mouse 05-12-2005 07:34 AM

sfer 3-bets PF. for value.

everything else looks good.

gm

Chris Daddy Cool 05-12-2005 07:56 AM

expertly played from start to finish.

PokerBob 05-12-2005 08:30 AM

I'm from MN so I'm obviously an idiot, but what's the value of a pink chip?

rmarotti 05-12-2005 08:41 AM

$2.50

colgin 05-12-2005 08:57 AM

Well, I will go on record saying I hate the pre-flop call but whatever. . . it sounds like you were trying to have some fun.

The rest of the hand looks perfect to me. Nicely done.