Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   fight the battle of who could care less (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=249905)

AJo Go All In 05-11-2005 05:04 AM

fight the battle of who could care less

4-handed 50/100

folded to me in the SB with AA, i raise to $300, mike matusow in the BB re-raises to $900. noteworthy is the fact that matusow is stuck and possibly drunk and this is will be a fairly liberal range here. i call.

flop Kc Kd 5h. checked around.
turn Kc Kd 5h Ks. checked around.
river Kc Kd 5h Ks 4h. i check. he bets $1800. i check-raise all-in for $12,000 which has him covered.

thabadguy 05-11-2005 05:40 AM

Re: fight the battle of who could care less

Wow, I luv this move, there are only 2 things this can result in.
1 He calls with a 4 or a 5 or a pp.
2 He folds and goes on super monkey tilt, thinking that you are pushing out of hands with nothing and tries to bully u around from here on, resulting in u getting paid off

bugstud 05-11-2005 05:46 AM

I saw the hand so I'm not going to comment, just leave these thoughts. IF he managed to check a K twice, he's earned my money. Checking aces three times like this is pretty damn ballsy though.

DaveduFresne 05-11-2005 06:04 AM

Does this guy ever win? All I ever hear about is dillpickle or whatever his name is losing his whole stack....

Jason Strasser 05-11-2005 06:08 AM

You played this hand really really weird.

I can't see myself checking here three times. On one street I'd try to get $$ in. If he has a K he gets my money.

creedofhubris 05-11-2005 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4-handed 50/100

folded to me in the SB with AA, i raise to $300, mike matusow in the BB re-raises to $900. noteworthy is the fact that matusow is stuck and possibly drunk and this is will be a fairly liberal range here. i call.

flop Kc Kd 5h. checked around.
turn Kc Kd 5h Ks. checked around.
river Kc Kd 5h Ks 4h. i check. he bets $1800. i check-raise all-in for $12,000 which has him covered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the idea to get the stack now, or to get the stack later once he tilts after this hand?

AJo Go All In 05-11-2005 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the idea to get the stack now, or to get the stack later once he tilts after this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

primarily the first one, hopefully both

creedofhubris 05-11-2005 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

primarily the first one, hopefully both

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I don't see him calling your river bet very often is why I was thinking this was more to set up future moves.

aggie 05-11-2005 09:48 AM

Okay, he checked the kings on board twice. I think you pretty much have the nuts....Do you really think that he will call you with a 4, 5, or medium pocket pair? Are you putting him on QQ or something when he bets the end?

I don't know much about matusow, but i think i'd raise the river less. Possibly to 6K.....Still big enough that it could be a steal, but won't blow him off a reasonable hand. I guess it also matters how much your 12K has him covered by?

Anyway, i like checking 3 times against an extremely aggressive opponent. And obviously Matusow is willing to make big calls (WSOP 2004).....I'd bet a little less on the river though.

-Skeme- 05-11-2005 09:52 AM

Assuming he makes loose calls in a cash game because he made loose calls in a tournament probably isn't a good idea.