Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Best or worst player ever? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=249389)

spoohunter 05-10-2005 01:46 PM

Best or worst player ever?

Hero is in SB with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

The game is $5/$10 live.

UTG limps, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 folds, EVERYONE CALLS TO ME, I call, BB calls, UTG reraises, UTG+1 caps, everyone calls.

What do you think of that call?

36 SB in the pot.
Flop comes 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG bets, five calls to me.

My action?

Edited in :

I ment to include this in the original post, and can't believe I didn't.

The table was averaging a capped pot a head, mostly 6 ways. Neither UTG or UTG+1 needed even a PAIR to do this.

stonecoldnuts 05-10-2005 01:49 PM

Re: Best or worst player ever?

folds.

Octopus 05-10-2005 01:50 PM

I'm folding pre-flop, but whatever. When it is capped back to us, I guess we have to call.

Getting 42-1 with only BB left to act, I think we had better peel one off on the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

chief444 05-10-2005 01:52 PM

2/5 blind structure right?

Either way I don't know that I've ever seen a flop after a preflop cap holding 42s. That's a stretch.

I guess you have to call on the flop now and try for the suckout runner runner in this huge pot.

spoohunter 05-10-2005 01:53 PM

Pink/Red blinds. Not that the 50 cents makes a big difference.

Pokey 05-10-2005 01:54 PM

With a $2 or $3 SB, you're getting lunatic-good odds on the first cold call, with something like $77 or $78 in the pot and a $7 or $8 call to keep going. Getting roughly 10:1 odds on a flush draw seems fair, even if it is a crappy flush draw. If exactly three clubs hit the board by the river, you're going to pick up a monster pot the vast majority of the time. So long as you recognize that you'll be playing ONLY for a monster, and you play accordingly, I don't hate this call.

UTG is a dirty bastard, and when it comes back to me for a $10 bet AGAIN, I swear. I call, because the odds are even better now, but I swear nonetheless.

Flop is an easy call: you've got 42:1 odds on about a two-outer between the backdoor flush and the even worse straight draw. Then again, when NINE PEOPLE see a capped flop, it'd be extremely hard NOT to have pot odds to call a bet. Hell, you could even call two here and not be wrong, especially considering how easy your turn fold will be if you don't improve to a straight- or flush-draw.

cnfuzzd 05-10-2005 01:57 PM

i play preflop the same way, but mostly because i choose to believe that i am on a mission from god to punish all LRR's at low limit tables by sucking out on them everytime.

if you folded on the flop, im kicking you out of 2+2.

peace

john nickle

chief444 05-10-2005 01:59 PM

It makes a very slight difference. I guess neither call is really that bad.

The flop call is easy though.

Octopus 05-10-2005 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, you could even call two here and not be wrong, especially considering how easy your turn fold will be if you don't improve to a straight- or flush-draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but if it went UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, I'm mucking this. No sense risking paying 4 bets here.

27offsooot 05-10-2005 02:06 PM

The flop call seems pretty easy, not so sure about PF.