Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rivered small flush gets min raised. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=248674)

naegid 05-09-2005 01:40 PM

Rivered small flush gets min raised.

$20 mtt, blinds are 50/100, aprox. 80 left out of 140.

Hero: 2300
Villian: 1400

I am BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] villian limps in late middle position and the small blind completes. Hero checks and we see a flop of:

5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Jack[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check,check,check. Turn:

7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, hero bets 200, villian calls, SB folds.

River (pot:700 villian has 1100 behind, hero 2000):

9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets 400 and is min raised to 800...

How would people play this hand on every street? I dont know a great deal about villian or multitable tournaments... or poker for that matter!

Thanks in advance for any help!

durron597 05-09-2005 01:42 PM

Re: Rivered small flush gets min raised.

I like your line and I flatcall the minraise.

captainzodiac 05-09-2005 02:10 PM

i like the way you played it also since you only picked up the flush draw on the turn,i'd have reraised all in after his minraise on the river ,he's pot committed,and i want those extra 400 chips he hasn't put in yet!he may have the nut flush,but you run into that so seldomly that it wouldnt concern me at all,it's much more like he has made a str8 and you'll be getting all of his chips.

schwza 05-09-2005 02:13 PM

you played it fine. i'd lead the flop but you could go either way. on the end, i'd push since he only has 300 behind. if he had more, you'd just call. i think you'll see a straight/rivered 2 pair enough that you want those extra chips in.

yecul 05-09-2005 02:14 PM

He has the str8 probably. Push. I agree that if he had a much larger stack then just calling is good.

naegid 05-09-2005 03:30 PM

results

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, i was unsure whether to raise or call. After some time i raised figuring he could easily be raising the straight. He wasn't, he had Ace[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] King[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]... not what i expected to see!

I think leading the flop is an interesting idea. I agree that bigger stacks make this a river call. Thanks again for the comments.

captainzodiac 05-09-2005 03:43 PM

Re: results

yeah,that's one of those things you can't do anything about,he was pretty lucky for u to have a flush also,i had a hand this week where i made a str8 flush in my blind versus the other blind and he made a full house with the 2 highest cards on the board,incredibly bad luck for him,just nothing u can do in those situations,take the lump and move on!

locutus2002 05-09-2005 04:25 PM

I can't see villain reraising without a flush here, but I think u have to call. I think villain made a mistake in miniraising. Any hand you'd call the miniraise with, you'd also call a T700 push. If you have the best hand, villain shouldn't be miniraising since you've always showed strength.

I could play it exactly how you played it.
I could also push the turn.

Pat Southern 05-09-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see villain reraising without a flush here, but I think u have to call. I think villain made a mistake in miniraising. Any hand you'd call the miniraise with, you'd also call a T700 push. If you have the best hand, villain shouldn't be miniraising since you've always showed strength.

I could play it exactly how you played it.
I could also push the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't raise a straight? I think its an easy push.

locutus2002 05-09-2005 04:47 PM

I think its a call. If he has the straight I only think he's raising with 8T.
8T: 16 ways
Two spades 27 ways
2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] one way.

I think your behind most of the time, so I just call.