Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Flop decision (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=248569)

chief444 05-09-2005 10:36 AM

Flop decision

UTG limps, MP1 raises (30/15/2.5 or so), 2 MP coldcalls, I coldcall on the button with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls. BB and UTG are both reasonably tight/somewhat aggressive...say 25/8/2. Both MP coldcallers are loose/passive.

6 to the flop for ~12 SB's

Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Checked to hero who.....

Piiop 05-09-2005 10:45 AM

Re: Flop decision

I'd check. With this non-scary board, it's unlikely anyone with a pair or two overcards will fold for just 1 bet so you're not folding any better hands. Take a free card.

CanKid 05-09-2005 10:46 AM

I'd bet and hope best case scenerio, to get it checked to me on the turn if I completely whiff. May fold some hands you want out of there too (qj, kt, kj, etc). Plus I find when I check here, sometimes the turn goes bet-stealraise, and you gotta fold a hand that might be more live than you think.

QTip 05-09-2005 10:49 AM

Cool hand. This is a fairly decent holding at this point, but I don't like a bet here. You were blessed with the opportunity to get a free card here, and I'd take it. Here's why:

1. Betting could get you a c/r and no free turn.

2. If you catch a Jack, you may get someone to bet into you on your right and can raise.

3. In a pot that large, just about any holding (bottom pair, etc.) can call profitably.

RobbyD 05-09-2005 10:54 AM

Take the free card. You arent forcing anyone off their hand. If you get check raised your shafted.

chson 05-09-2005 11:08 AM

Bet! You have a decent draw in a big pot. Protect your hand the best that you can!

CanKid 05-09-2005 11:13 AM

Surprising how many check here, would the people who check raise a bet from the PFR? How bout from one of limpers?

Buckmulligan 05-09-2005 11:19 AM

Easy bet, IMO. With all the cold callers, a bet not only gets you a free card, perhaps, but it cleans up your dominated outs sometimes.

Sarge85 05-09-2005 11:20 AM

This seems like a pretty easy bet here. Overcards+gut shot+ button. - you've got a lot of things working here for you. A bet may get hands out that have a Jack or a Ten.

You may get CR'ed by but that CR may push out hands like KJ or the such. If a CR came from the BB or something with a hand like A9 - you still have uber outs to improve.

Plus - if you bet here, miss the turn, you still may get a free card.

Easy Bet.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

CanKid 05-09-2005 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If a CR came from the BB or something with a hand like A9 - you still have uber outs to improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, people need to get their hands dirty on this board, else the preflop call sucks.

I'm sure Chief bet here.