Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   KK in SB multiway on A high flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=247359)

LowDown22 05-07-2005 02:57 AM

KK in SB multiway on A high flop

These hands are always tough for me to play against loose-passives out of position because I never know where I'm at.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

What should be the typical plan here?
Bet all streets but fold to a raise (which I think I should have done in this case)?

moot 05-07-2005 03:05 AM

Re: KK in SB multiway on A high flop

With two callers I would probably check-call this river. No ace is gonna fold, but some weaker hands or missed draws might take a stab at it so you get more from them.

Yes, I'd also be ready to fold this to a raise on any street.

I also really hate paying off this river when they raise, but the pot is pretty big...

A_C_Slater 05-07-2005 03:07 AM

I would check/call the river since you don't want to have to call a raise and you want to see a showdown. Also, Ace/rag may check behind if they are loose passive, but they will call your river bet. So you save a bet if behind here. It is unlikely they are calling to the river with middle/bottom pair on this flop.

A_C_Slater 05-07-2005 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With two callers I would probably check-call this river. No ace is gonna fold, but some weaker hands or missed draws might take a stab at it so you get more from them.

Yes, I'd also be ready to fold this to a raise on any street.

I also really hate paying off this river when they raise, but the pot is pretty big...

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is big, but you have to stop and ask "Is my hand good here 1/12 times?" I think the answer is no. I fold to this river raise vs. a loose passive . You've been betting the whole way haven't you? He has to know he has to have at least an ace to make this raise.... at least .

moot 05-07-2005 03:16 AM

I agree. That's why I said that I hated how he paid it off. I was simply acknowledging that the pot was quite big in relation, because otherwise someone else was gonna say it.

We'd both play this hand the same way.