Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What would you do? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=246316)

Pocket77s 05-05-2005 03:54 PM

What would you do?

3/6 B&M cardroom

hero is in MP2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villian is your typical small stakes player, loose, aggresive with only big hands.

UTGfolds, 1 calls, 3 folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises, Villian calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, (8SB)

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, Villian calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, 7 (BB)

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG checks, Hero bets, Villian raises, UTG 3bets, What should the Hero do? (13BB) Hero must call 2BB cold.

Outcome:
<font color="white"> Hero calls, and Villian calls, the river brought the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] </font>

Azhrarn 05-05-2005 04:01 PM

Re: What would you do?

Without reading the results:

I'd let it go. Villain could be raising with an ace and a big club, but that check-3bet from UTG+1 is screaming trips or better.

protocol 05-05-2005 04:04 PM

I would be more afraid of UTG+1 here than villian. I don't think there are very many 3/6 players who would 3-bet bluff or semi-bluff a 3-way pot on that board. One of the two is almost definately holding a 8 or a flush, in which case you're drawing to likely 2 outs. Plus, the betting could get capped behind you from the aggressive villian.
I would fold here.

undathesea 05-05-2005 04:12 PM

Fold... you're way behind... to at least both of them and with 2 outs to catch up... you'll need an awful big pot to make that bet worth calling (laying about 23:1). You've got the worst of it here.

Nice suck out with the A on the river though.

NickRegino 05-05-2005 04:16 PM

Fold, beacause even though the board paired, you are only drawing to 4 outs by the river, meaning you would need an ace or an 8.

shadow29 05-05-2005 04:20 PM

You have 4 outs, therefore you need 10.5:1 to call.

You're getting 6.5:1 on your call (though I think that it will be 7:1). If you're sure that Villain won't cap, then you need 3 bets on the river out of two opponents.

I don't think that this will happen on a double paired board in a 3/6 B&amp;M game.

Pocket77s 05-05-2005 05:57 PM

I figured it was a bad call but this is how I though of it, I was sure the UTG had the flush because he three bet and the Villian had the three 8s. I figured I had about 2 outs, rightly so, I needed the pot to give me 23 to 1. Yes, it was a bad call because not even my implied odds would have made up for the money I lost making the call. It was a bad beat on someone else at least.