Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How much is PlayerView worth to you? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=244548)

Yobz 05-02-2005 11:46 PM

How much is PlayerView worth to you?

So, I have no affiliation with PV, but I think $50 is a little steep for a program that still has issues to work out, especially since there are free programs that do the same thing, GT+. How much would you be willing to pay for it?

Matty 05-02-2005 11:52 PM

Re: How much is PlayerView worth to you?

If only GT+ could give blind steal statistics I'd never use PV. I predict the price will drop soon (at least it should). I'm not poor, but no effing way I'm paying 50.

iluzion 05-03-2005 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict the price will drop soon (at least it should).

[/ QUOTE ]

From what he said in an email to me, it won't, ever.

xLukex 05-03-2005 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If only GT+ could give blind steal statistics I'd never use PV. I predict the price will drop soon (at least it should). I'm not poor, but no effing way I'm paying 50.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it does now...

kross 05-03-2005 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hover the mouse over the player stats, and it lists blind steal stats in the tooltip that appears.

-- Kevin

bwana devil 05-03-2005 12:37 AM

it depends on what limits you play as to how hard the $50 is going to hit your bankroll. if youre a .50/1 - 1/2 player there's no way i'd pay the money.

i never bought pokertracker until i moved up to the 2/4 limits anyway. couldnt justify the expense. so i guess i might go w/ the same reasoning. if i was playing 2/4 or higher id buy it. or if i had PT already, mulit-tabling and trying to build a bankroll and playing ABC poker to do it then id buy it.

bwana

Matty 05-03-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it does now...

[/ QUOTE ]I dled mine like two weeks ago and my hover doesn't show blind stats... =[

MEbenhoe 05-03-2005 12:39 AM

$0

You're paying for something that:

1. you shouldn't need

2. if you really want it, PT does basically the same thing, just not in the game window.

goodguy_1 05-03-2005 12:53 AM

PV is worth at minimum 0.125 bb/100-0.33 bb/100 if you use it religiously I honestly beleive.If you play $5-10 that $3.33-$1.25 per 100 hands.PV pays for itself in 4000-1500 hands.In other words if you play regularly PV pays for itself in 1-3 days worth of full-time play.
I'm not saying other programs GT PO whatever may work better for some people or are cheaper ..all I know is I would pay even more than $50 and not bitch about it.It's a cost of doing business that pays for itself in a short amount of time.
PV is great because it's easy to use.Use PokerTracker you say ..you going to open up 4-8 GameTime windows w/PT ??haha thats funny.I've tried GT and I like to use it for rooms where PV doesnt work but I much prefer PV.
Secondly it's possible Party could soon ban all add-ons.So if PV helps me make more money I'm going to use it while I can.Take advantage of whats out there now and run with it to the bank.

kross 05-03-2005 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it does now...

[/ QUOTE ]I dled mine like two weeks ago and my hover doesn't show blind stats... =[

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what the 1.4 version looks like:

http://download.pokerdominion.com/tooltip.jpg

Do you not have these stats in yours? Or are those not the stats you were looking for?

-- Kevin