Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   New 2-4 NLHE at Foxwoods (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=243634)

nate1729 05-01-2005 07:40 PM

New 2-4 NLHE at Foxwoods

Starting Monday there'll be a 2-4, $300 max buyin, NLHE at Foxwoods. Thoughts on how the game will play and how it will affect the other games?

Evan 05-01-2005 07:42 PM

Re: New 2-4 NLHE at Foxwoods

I hope they make you play it all in yellow.

nothumb 05-01-2005 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My first time playing NL at Foxwoods I got angrily berated for bringing yellow to the 1-2 table. Somehow the entire table started calling me 'yellow chip guy.'

NT

Ghazban 05-01-2005 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My first time playing NL at Foxwoods I got angrily berated for bringing yellow to the 1-2 table. Somehow the entire table started calling me 'yellow chip guy.'

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get berated bringing yellow chips to any red chip game (going from 4/8 to 5/10 for example)-- its not unique to the baby no-limit game. Don't ask me why, its just something I've noticed.

dankhank 05-01-2005 09:27 PM

that's because yellow chips don't play in the red chip games. i have no idea why people would yell in the baby NL game for using yellow chips.

Evan 05-01-2005 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get berated for doing anything at Foxwoods besides being grumpy

[/ QUOTE ]

my first FYP post.

jar 05-01-2005 10:35 PM

The yellow chips aren't supposed to play in the baby NL either. The one time I played that game, the dealer let a guy play with yellow for some reason, and it was a huge annoyance. Luckily one of the few excellent dealers was next up, and changed everyone's time for the yellow and got it out of the game.

BeantownCaller 05-01-2005 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Starting Monday there'll be a 2-4, $300 max buyin, NLHE at Foxwoods. Thoughts on how the game will play and how it will affect the other games?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its great, yhamks for reporting. Have been wondering why those bastards dont spread a 2-4 or 2-5 NL game, no excuse to bitch about the 1-2 now. I'll try to get down there and play it soon

Snupoker 05-01-2005 11:55 PM

Just called the poker room and was told its a 300 min/max game with a rebuy if under 100. will be there thursday to play it.

-snup

blendedsuit 05-02-2005 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The yellow chips aren't supposed to play in the baby NL either. The one time I played that game, the dealer let a guy play with yellow for some reason, and it was a huge annoyance. Luckily one of the few excellent dealers was next up, and changed everyone's time for the yellow and got it out of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

If yellow is a huge annoyance, I sometimes sit in that game with only WHITE chips, hahahah.