Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   When will you quit using AIM? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=238847)

augie00 04-24-2005 10:42 PM

When will you quit using AIM?

I was just thinking about this...I'm on AIM about 24/7, when I'm not at the computer I leave an away message.

At what year of my life will I cease to use AIM? Ever since I've been about 13 it's been continuously running for 6 years now. When does the madness stop? 25? 30? NEVER???

Ianco15 04-24-2005 10:46 PM

Re: When will you quit using AIM?

It's a generation thing. We are in the first generation to use AIM. Older people don't use it as much as us because they didn't grow up with it like we did.

I would say never.

PoBoy321 04-24-2005 10:47 PM

Some day I'll have an away message that says "Getting my yearly colonoscopy. BRB"

AngryCola 04-24-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a generation thing. We are in the first generation to use AIM. Older people don't use it as much as us because they didn't grow up with it like we did.

I would say never.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not completely generational.
I used to use AIM a lot, but barely touch it these days.
I think that I remember TSC saying something similar.

mason55 04-24-2005 10:51 PM

i thought the same thing. i started being on aol then aim almost constantly... god.. probably 10 years ago. at this point, i enjoy not people able to have people constantly getting in touch with me. i don't really want to talk to people about crap, if i want to do something with my friends i'll call them. i always kind of thought the same way as you but around the time i turned 21 i just kind of lost interest in being on aim all the time.

tdarko 04-24-2005 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
d.. probably 10 years ago. at this point, i enjoy not people able to have people constantly getting in touch with me. i don't really want to talk to people about crap, if i want to do something with my friends i'll call them.

[/ QUOTE ]
i am the same way, i keep it constantly on but always on away until someone i really do want to talk to signs on.

Jack of Arcades 04-24-2005 11:19 PM

I'll stop using it when I don't want people to find me. Maybe not then, I might just switch names.

(SN: Jack of Arcades)

astroglide 04-25-2005 12:05 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] msn messenger
[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] aim

Rhone 04-25-2005 12:55 AM

What's AIM?

Rhone, (33 years old)

(OK, kind of just kidding. I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but I've never used it.)

augie00 04-25-2005 12:57 AM

AOL instant messenger