Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   income on a ladder (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=238767)

tommo 04-24-2005 08:42 PM

income on a ladder

I made a post a while back about www.campuspoker.org The idea for this site was to have people sign up under our affiliate status, and have our software track the amount of money they made. Player would compete on ladders and winners would receive prizes.

Ancientpc thought this idea wouldn't be too popular. So I want to bounce this idea one off you guys (as the software is still there and the capability as well).

If the site were completely free (ie. you don't need to sign up under our affiliate status). Would people be interested in competing on a ladder to see who can make the most money at a certain stakes level? (we'd have low, mid, and high stakes NL and limit ladders)

AncientPC 04-24-2005 11:24 PM

Re: income on a ladder

If I don't sign up under your affiliate, how are you going to track how much I've won? Can't I just make it up?

Not all affiliate stats report this information either . . .

I'm not trying to crap on your idea, just pointing out some issues you might run into.

tommo 04-25-2005 01:27 AM

when you sign up for the site you download our software. Our software scans while you play and keeps track of how much you make

uw_madtown 04-25-2005 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when you sign up for the site you download our software. Our software scans while you play and keeps track of how much you make

[/ QUOTE ]

This is worse than signing up under an affiliate.

tommo 04-25-2005 02:36 PM

how so? the program ONLY keeps track of how much you make.

PinkyRingo 04-25-2005 04:59 PM

You'll never convince anyone of that. We are paranoid.

tommo 04-25-2005 05:51 PM

hmm...can you think of any way that I could convince you? some sort of legal procedure I might go through? are there sites that offer some sort of verification?

basically our software does the same thing pokertracker does. But I can understand your concern. please help me think of something I can do to reassure you taht we are not trying to do anything sneaky or harmful

bobbyi 04-25-2005 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm...can you think of any way that I could convince you?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

AncientPC 04-25-2005 07:31 PM

We can block PT from having internet access and it will still work fine.

Your program will not.

tommo 04-25-2005 11:11 PM

the program will still work fine, however it won't be able to send information to our server so that we can rank you on our ladder.

It is impossible to get information about how much money you have made without having the program send that information to our server.