Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Crypto keeps crashing on me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=237483)

AncientPC 04-22-2005 02:44 PM

Crypto keeps crashing on me

I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling, booting with no startup items, and it's still crashing.

I can always get the program to run, but after adding x tables (1-8) it crashes. By crashing I mean the xth table stops working, but action still keeps going on all the other tables.

I'm able to hit ctrl + alt + del to open up Task Manager, but none of my mouse clicks register anywhere.

Does anybody have any suggestions short of reinstalling Windows?

Sarge85 04-22-2005 02:47 PM

Re: Crypto keeps crashing on me

I can rarely get 3 Crypto tables going at once without the computer timing me out.

I realize this is of no benefit to you, but I hope to strike up some solutions others have tried.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

AncientPC 04-22-2005 02:47 PM

Crypto servers just crashed. I don't think that it had anything to do with it though, because I figure the skins would've exited out cleanly.

Not to mention this same problem occurs across all the skins for me, and has been occuring earlier than today.

evans075 04-22-2005 03:16 PM

Same thing happend to me last night. After loading up 4 tables and playing about 15-20 hands everything freezes up. Now today I log on at about 1:30 central time and there are only 4 people were playing on the entire server. So hopefully they shut the site down to fix there problems. I haven't had a freeze up yet been playing about 20 min.

chesterp 04-22-2005 05:16 PM

i always wonder about this too. sometimes 3rd table crashes. sometimes i get up to 5 before crashing (with gt+). also seems that it crashes more quikly when you have multiple skins open. anyone else agree? i need more ram. fairly simple computer. i wonder if once i get a good computer these problems will go away?

stir 04-22-2005 05:37 PM

In terms of crypto software is is very unlikely that a new computer will solve it. I have plenty of RAM, had similar problems to those desribed above last few days. But its sporadic, one day everything works fine, next day a table freezes up, etc.

AncientPC 04-22-2005 06:55 PM

It was really weird, I kept reinstalling and rebooting for an hour straight.

I jumped on Poker Plex (CSun was the one crashing) and it never crashed.

Two hours later I hop back on CSun and everything's fine . . .

chesterp 04-22-2005 07:11 PM

so i just had aj suited early pos. rpf, bet flop. catch nut straight on turn, but timed out and folded cause computer was working too hard (pt importing). lost $80 or so i think that i could've had. this has happened many times with PT going during crypto. had pocket qq a couple weeks ago. q flops. we're raising each other like crazy til river, when i time out and fold. i wonder if autoimport is really worth it with crypto.