Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Stop and go against the world's tightest player. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=237140)

cmwck 04-22-2005 12:49 AM

Stop and go against the world\'s tightest player.

UTG+1 is 6/0/0.63 after 55 hands. He never bets except with the nuts or second or third nuts. He only calls down if he has a really good hand - at least top pair with the best or second best kicker. EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think ive ever seen him bet.

BB is your average loose passive: 41/6/0.31 after 70 hands.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Once UTG+1 raises I immediately start putting him on some hands. He would never raise here with AK, AQ, AJ. He can't have two pair with 34 or 49. The most likely hands he has are 99, JJ-AA, or maybe A9s. I debate between 1.folding right here and 2. calling, leading a non-threatening turn, and folding to a raise.

Turn: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero folds...

So I go with option #2.
I was pretty sure he wouldn't raise again with only TPTK

Anyone like this play? What about folding the flop?

handsome 04-22-2005 12:54 AM

Re: Stop and go against the world\'s tightest player.

what the sh!t? Dude, if you were getting mugged and knew the mugger was going to shoot you if you tried to resist, would you resist? The flop was OK but don't bet again on the turn UI if he "never" bets without a hand.

This is also not a "stop and go" - more like a "go and go"

Roadstar 04-22-2005 01:02 AM

I know this may not change the result of the hand but you must RAISE w/ TT in SB if the pot has not been raised before you!

If you're absolutely sure you're beat because he's that tight then don't bet the turn.

You're probably better off 3 betting the flop to see if he caps, then you know you're done.

cmwck 04-22-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this may not change the result of the hand but you must RAISE w/ TT in SB if the pot has not been raised before you!

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you still raise if we know UTG+1 limped in with a hand that either has you crushed (a higher pocket pair) or against which we are a tiny favorite (Two big cards)?

handsome 04-22-2005 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're probably better off 3 betting the flop to see if he caps, then you know you're done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not like this advice. What equity do you have by 3-betting in this situation? I hope you're not one of those "just had to see if he really had it" players.

J_B 04-22-2005 01:13 AM

against someone THAT tight, I raise then fold this flop after his bet. I know, I know, you guys wont like this. I have been up against someone this tight before. Almost certainly has KK or QQ. Maybe he's bluffing. But with an Agg factor in the 0 range and never having raising before preflop, it's a toss. Had you have raised this preflop and he three bet it, red lights and sirens would have gone off.

I think yer beat here. Better to save 2.5 BB by not calling than to lose this. I think you are going to have the worst of it here.

Roadstar 04-22-2005 01:21 AM

You're probably right, if he was absolutely certain he was beat then fold to a raise on the flop.

Under any other circumstance (with some doubt), I think 3 betting would be correct with an overpair because hero is likely ahead (more often than not hero should be ahead here with no raise pf). The worst is to call the raise and bet again on the turn UI.

handsome 04-22-2005 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're probably right, if he was absolutely certain he was beat then fold to a raise on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

No..

[ QUOTE ]
Under any other circumstance (with some doubt), I think 3 betting would be correct with an overpair because hero is likely ahead (more often than not hero should be ahead here with no raise pf).

[/ QUOTE ]

No..

[ QUOTE ]
The worst is to call the raise and bet again on the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'll let others elaborate.

NateDog 04-22-2005 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

No. I'll let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

[OT Rant] I'll let you in on something, this means that you don't know so you want others to elaborate. This does not help anyone involved. Leave these for the Chris Daddy Cool's, Shillx's, Entity's and Davelin's of the board. [/OT Rant]

Roadstar 04-22-2005 01:53 AM

Okay.... please explain then?

Thanks