Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   "Party poker has detected an error" message while multi-tabling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=236155)

glorfindel 04-20-2005 11:33 AM

\"Party poker has detected an error\" message while multi-tabling

I multi-table 3 tables on Party poker. I have no problems at first, but after a period of time (@ 1 hour sometimes more sometimes less), the boxes showing the money amounts for players turn clear, and soon after I receive a message that Party Poker has detected an error and to log off and log back on. When I re-boot and log back in, it's fine again for a while. Is this a system resource or operating system problem? Here are my computer specs:

Gateway Select 700
AMD Athlon 700mhz processor
383mb RAM (originally 128mb, and I added 2 more 128mb modules)
Windows 98 second edition
20GB hard drive

I have no more slots available to increase RAM.
I'd be willing to upgrade my operating system if my current configuration could adequately support it.

Thanks for your help.

GrunchCan 04-20-2005 11:37 AM

Re: \"Party poker has detected an error\" message while multi-tabling

I have no idea what the problem is with your software, but I just wanted to point out that you could take the existing memory out of your system and replace it if you need more ram.

BellyBuster7 04-20-2005 11:39 AM

I have that same problem. It was good for a while, but now it's happening again. It may be a Windows 98 issue, because that's my OS too.

swolfe 04-20-2005 01:49 PM

are you using playerview? i've had this happen to me a few times. i close playerview and everything is fine again.

AngusThermopyle 04-20-2005 01:58 PM

Same problem here. Win98 and similar RAM.
Not a time based issue. Seems to happen after Party opens a lot of windows/message boxes ( "Seat open on table..."). So if I am not on waiting lists, it does not occur. But it can happen rapidly if a lot of message boxes pop up in a short period of time.
Personally, I think it is a problem with PP software, not releasing resources when they are no longer needed. Perhaps Win98 does not help.

I don't need to reboot. Merely killing Party (not logging off, killing, this way I keep my seat on the tables ) and then restarting and logging back into Party (and return to the old tables) works for me.

Zetack 04-20-2005 01:59 PM

I had a similar problem but the visual problem was much more severe than just lost money amounts...usually closing my browser, or closing and restarting playerview, or both, fixed the problem without my having to log out of the poker client.

I haven't had the problem in a while though.

--Zetack

AEKDBet 04-20-2005 02:16 PM

I only get this when I run multiple instances of the same skin (like 2 parties and one empire).

I've never had any problems fixing it.
1) I close all applications
2) Kill all poker processes in the taskmanager
3) restart

mts 04-20-2005 02:31 PM

honestly, this question is best suited for partypoker support. Your system is a powerhouse compared to what pokersites require. Do you have 3rd party programs running behind partypoker? Have you tried reinstalling partypoker? Do you reboot your computer daily?

Reinstall partypoker and if it still happens then contact support.

Sponger15SB 04-20-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gateway Select 700
AMD Athlon 700mhz processor
383mb RAM (originally 128mb, and I added 2 more 128mb modules)
Windows 98 second edition
20GB hard drive

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened on my old computer, and my new computer is 2 weeks old and it happens on this one as well.

So yeah, it isn't the computer.

shadow29 04-20-2005 02:34 PM

I have this same problem. I know it's not a hardware issue because I have like infinity RAM.

I have to restart the computer in order to get it working again.

I have XP. But I do run PT with 1 minute auto imports and PV working at the same time. And iTunes too.