Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Bank account closed for poker transactions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=234275)

RainDog 04-17-2005 05:56 PM

Bank account closed for poker transactions

Hey kids, recently I had a late night rendezvous at Denny's and my FirstTennessee debit card left me unable to pay for a bill. My friends unhappily covered for me and I assumed it was just a fluke. The next day I unsucessfully attempted to check my bank account balance at an ATM and went in to the bank to talk to someone about the matter.

Well, apparently my bank account was flagged for "suspicious activity" having to do with frequent deposits and withdrawals (all from poker entities or neteller). Well First Tennessee told me maybe it was a good idea if "we" closed the account...of course I didn't get a say as they had already closed it. Apparently all the activity over the 1k mark sets off bells and whistles, yet I've been with them for a good year and they have never mentioned anything to me.

I don't know exactly what the worries were. Maybe an anti-terror or money laundering thing? I did later get a call from a guy at bank security who asked me "So you don't think we are allowed to close your account?". I told him something along the lines of "Sure you're allowed to, but I've been a good customer (also have a credit line with the bank which is still open but I will now pay off and close) and just don't think it's very reasonable to do so". Other than that he just toted that he was an ex-FBI agent and reiterated everything the bank personel told me.
Oh well, new bank. Maybe I'll break up withdrawal amounts more in the future and use strictly Neteller to do my depositing, but I think this is just a fluke and I shouldn't really have to.

Anyone else have something like this happen?

sfwusc 04-17-2005 06:11 PM

Re: Bank account closed for poker transactions

Did you lose anything?

SFWUSC

RainDog 04-17-2005 06:17 PM

No, though they made me come back the next day to get my $$$.

handsome 04-17-2005 06:44 PM

Besides the first two sentences, I don't believe a word of this.

GrannyMae 04-17-2005 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides the first two sentences, I don't believe a word of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope you are right because this post scares the hell out of me. i have a ton of NETeller activity with my bank.

AngusThermopyle 04-17-2005 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tennessee

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I found the problem.

ZBTHorton 04-17-2005 07:23 PM

If this i some random podunk bank then I believe every word.

Now if Washington Mutual shut you down...then I'd doubt it.

AncientPC 04-17-2005 08:43 PM

Maybe switch to a larger national bank?

A lot of people here make a lot of money, and no one's posted anything similar happening.

Keith Fellmy 04-17-2005 11:15 PM

I have done 3K with no problems...and I have 6.6 million useless neteller points.

mosquito 04-18-2005 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe switch to a larger national bank?

A lot of people here make a lot of money, and no one's posted anything similar happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

1st Tennessee is a large bank. Not B of A, but the biggest
in TN before interstate banking......