Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   K9s. Playalong. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=232054)

Entity 04-13-2005 11:24 PM

K9s. Playalong.

Table has been running a bit loose, but nothing special. Usually 5 or 6 to the flop. MP2 is LAG (40/9) but can find a fold when faced with aggression. He's fairly readable and isn't all that tricky. UTG is a bit too loose and passive in general, but isn't terrible by most standards (25%VPIP, minimal PFR); I don't think he's positionally aware though. UTG+1 is very loose and selectively stupid/aggressive. The CO and Button are tight but seem to be pretty ABC and fairly bad postflop.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero...

Firefly 04-13-2005 11:29 PM

Re: K9s. Playalong.

meh, it would suck to play along to fold pf :P. But at a table that loose you could probally find a call. CO and button being tight=less likely a raise... so sure, let's see a flop.

Redd 04-13-2005 11:30 PM

Great, it's only prelop and I'm already unsure. I'd say raise it for value because your opponents are donkish.

bottomset 04-13-2005 11:31 PM

I think raising has a decent shot of getting the button .. how tight are the blinds?

if they are tight, I'm more inclined to make the raise, in that having intiative, position and the blinds-dead money in there

seems better than in so/so position, with no iniative

if they are fairly loose, I think this is more likely a call

Redd 04-13-2005 11:32 PM

As an aside, I love these playalong posts. I always learn alot.

Dave G. 04-13-2005 11:32 PM

Calls? If the players behind you are bad postflop players then you want to encourage them to enter the pot and outplay them on the flop.

If UTG+1 bets on the flop and you decide to continue, you can raise and probably get them out. This also works if you flop a flush draw, you can just call and you'll have many people padding the pot for you.

You could raise here to try and get the players behind you out right away, but if you get a couple of callers it'll be difficult to get them out on the flop because the pot will be quite big.

deepsquat 04-13-2005 11:33 PM

I think you should just call. In late position with 2 or 3 limpers a raise will prob be good but i would play this for the flush value and try and encourage as many ppl to enter the pot as possible.

grjr 04-13-2005 11:36 PM

I can't think of a table where I would raise K9s in MP1 after 2 limpers but I would definately call.

spoohunter 04-13-2005 11:40 PM

Fold.

KaiShin 04-13-2005 11:52 PM

I'd limp in this position. We don't really want to raise this hand into a LAGgy MP2, who might 3-bet it with a large range of holdings and potentially blast out UTG, maybe UTG+1 too. I think we want a lot of callers with this hand, so I'm not raising this.