Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   another 2nd pair hand, flop bet into 3? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=232001)

balkii 04-13-2005 09:50 PM

another 2nd pair hand, flop bet into 3?

63o in the BB, limp limp complete check.

flop Tc 6c 4h (i have no club)

SB checks, I bet (???), limper raises, BTN and SB CC, I call (???)

turn 7

sb check, I check, raiser bets, BTN calls, SB C/R, I fold

comments on flop bet, call, and turn fold pls

Trix 04-13-2005 10:31 PM

Re: another 2nd pair hand, flop bet into 3?

I like the turnfold, but not the flopbet 4way, 3way often, depending on the players.

mperich 04-13-2005 10:58 PM

Yah flop bet is a bit sketchy but not horrible, and turn fold is good.

-Mike

balkii 04-14-2005 03:37 AM

ok thanks guys. flop bet in retrospect does seem too loose.

however, what if i had A6, would it then be a bet?

Guido 04-14-2005 04:45 AM

I think it depends on how loose those guys are. A lot of players don't fold the flop for 1 SB. I like the way you played it after the flop bet.

helpmeout 04-14-2005 06:26 AM

3way = steal (bet any piece of the flop)

4way = bet TP or good draw

cartman 04-14-2005 06:48 AM

No way I bet the flop even with A6. I think the problem is that almost everyone will find a reason to call one bet on the flop (Hey, I have an overcard!) So even if you are currently in front, you have very little chance of staying in front.

Cartman

mistrpug 04-14-2005 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No way I bet the flop even with A6. I think the problem is that almost everyone will find a reason to call one bet on the flop (Hey, I have an overcard!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically you're saying that since the others playing will make unprofitable calls, you should not bet?

helpmeout 04-14-2005 08:30 AM

No he is saying that on the off chance you are ahead you will be drawn out on frequently because of your weak holding.

Most players will have 2 overcards to your pair, meaning calling one bet is not an unprofitable call for them. If you have a higher pair such as tens on a QT2 board then its less likely that someone will catch an overcard to your ten.

mistrpug 04-14-2005 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No he is saying that on the off chance you are ahead you will be drawn out on frequently because of your weak holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Off chance? With A6 (that's what we're talking about here), and the limp-limp-complete in front of him preflop, it is extremely likely hero's hard is currently ahead.

In addition, if one of the others does have two overcards, he is making a mistake, getting only 5:1 with 6 outs, although overcallers on the flop would probably be getting good enough odds, or close to it.