Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Flopping 2 Pair On Shaky Board (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=231921)

-Skeme- 04-13-2005 07:32 PM

Flopping 2 Pair On Shaky Board

First hand at table, no reads on main Villain. Original raiser is known to be weak and raises AJo after limpers have already entered the pot. Accidentally posted before the BB got to me. Probably could've folded this preflop, but it's a little too late for that. Stars $.25/$.50 NL. Full table. Button is Seat 7.

-----
2 Folds.
Hero checks in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Seat 4 raises $1.50 to $2.00.
Seat 5 calls $2.00 raise.
3 Folds.
BB calls $2.00 raise.
Hero calls $2.00 raise.

Flop:

9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks.
Hero checks.
Seat 4 bets $2.50.
BB calls $2.50 raise.
Hero check-raises to $7.50 to $10.00.
Seat 4 calls $7.50 raise.
BB calls $7.50 raise.

Turn:

A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks.
Hero checks.
Seat 4 bets $4.50.
BB check-minraises $4.50 to $9.00.
Hero ??.
-----

I was certain there would defenitely be a continuation bet by the original raiser, and if he didn't bet, there was a good chance somebody would. I intended to check-raise to extract the continuation bets and possible calls from other Villains. I expected my check-raise to either dead the action or at least narrow the field. Nurp. Leading out = better line? I prefer the check-raise as it seems like it'd do a better job of knocking out chasers going after the straight. After I got called I decided I should probably slow down..

Anyways, what's Hero's best line on the turn? Thanks.

AEKDBet 04-13-2005 09:33 PM

Re: Flopping 2 Pair On Shaky Board

i dont like your hand anymore either. check call, or check fold depending on size of river bet. you can also just fold the turn here and be done with it.

-Skeme- 04-13-2005 10:02 PM

That sounds about right. Do you agree with the flop check-raise or do you feel betting out is a better line?

AEKDBet 04-13-2005 11:59 PM

check raise better. OOP and texture of board someone will bet and hero has best hand. he could have raised more, but i like raise size.

sometimes you just can't win. turn card sucks. oh well, so far hero hasn't made any mistakes.

edit - turn card could be a savior from jq

-Skeme- 04-14-2005 12:11 AM

True. Thanks.

Results:

Hero folds.
Seat 4 folds.
Hero shows K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

four eight suited 04-14-2005 12:22 AM

I am all for leading out on this flop. Put in a nice pot sized bet. Depending on your reads of any of the players, their actions in response to your raise should give you lots of information. However, when ace comes on the turn with that much action I think you should have just mucked it then.

-Skeme- 04-14-2005 12:50 AM

Fair enough. And I did check-fold the turn. Thanks for the reply.

Leo Bello 04-14-2005 12:59 AM

As u said, u had a weak two pair. And the check raise was the better option to shut a weak-tight player.
Villain would not let it go.
Funny thing is that knowing what villain had, u could have shut him with a raise on the turn, but he actually played very well, and after the reraise would not let it go for any ammount. Well played. Nice fold.