Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sooted Connectors from Late Position (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=231036)

aveadams 04-12-2005 03:30 PM

Sooted Connectors from Late Position

You are on the button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (or 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) and four people limp in in front of you. Perfect situation to play these middle sooted connectors right?

But then the big blind raises, and of course everyone at the table calls (at 1/2 anyway). This is a call right?

KaiShin 04-12-2005 03:32 PM

Re: Sooted Connectors from Late Position

Of course it is.

davelin 04-12-2005 03:33 PM

The better question is - limp or raise?

toss 04-12-2005 03:36 PM

I'd raise 98s. 78s once in a while depending on table conditions. I don't think I've ever raised 67s after 4 limpers.

KaiShin 04-12-2005 03:40 PM

98s is usually my cutoff for a raise, unless the table is unusually tight and weak postflop.

grjr 04-12-2005 03:50 PM

These are wonderful hands when you have 4 limpers and a raiser. I don't ever do it but would a 3-bet here have any merit since all those limpers will probably call the 3-bet and cap?

aveadams 04-12-2005 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The better question is - limp or raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about reraising when it came back to me on on the hand in question. Everyone is most likely going to call another raise anyway, and it would give me better odds for my draw on later streets. Thoughts?

I ended up raking the biggest pot (in terms of BBs) I've ever seen on the hand that brought this Q? up, so the result was spectacular. If I had reraised preflop, no one would have been able to put me on 67s for a full house and the pot may have been even larger.

gvibes 04-12-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

...and it would give me better odds for my draw on later streets...

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't ever raise for this reason. Raise because against five players, four of them with mediocre at best hands, mid-suited connectors have more than 17% equity, given your position.

MrWookie47 04-12-2005 05:05 PM

Dang. Raising 98s preflop? My VPIP/PFR is already just over 20/10 and each has been creeping up as I get more comfortable playing back at weak open-limpers and open-completers and calling with more questionable suited connectors and one gaps. You guys are going to turn me into a ferocious LAG, but if it makes me more money, I guess I won't complain [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Edit: Oh yeah, I limp this in a heartbeat.

aveadams 04-12-2005 06:27 PM

>17% equity equates to better draw odds on the turn and river, or am I missing something? Seems like we are saying the same thing in different ways.