Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AJ hand facing reraise (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=230130)

authority11 04-11-2005 10:25 AM

AJ hand facing reraise

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (10 handed) converter

MP2 ($122)
MP3 ($96)
CO ($87)
Button ($92.2)
Hero ($454.55)
BB ($92.25)
UTG ($94.8)
UTG+1 ($85.05)
UTG+2 ($101.7)
MP1 :#A500AF(villain)/ ($113.5)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 :#A500AF(villain)/ calls $1, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, BB calls $1, MP1 :#A500AF(villain)/ calls $1.

Flop: ($6) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">villain raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($22) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">villain bets $20</font>, Hero ???

How did I play this and what would you guys have done on the 20 dollar bet? Results later

Los Feliz Slim 04-11-2005 10:30 AM

Re: AJ hand facing reraise

Your first problem, of course, is the minraise from the small blind. AJs is NOT a raising hand from that position, but if you're going to do it you need to bump it much more than that, especially considering your stack.

Then, the bet on the flop should be a pot-sized bet.

Is this one of those HH's where you're the Villain?

Ghazban 04-11-2005 10:33 AM

Why did you call the flop minraise? If you are going to fold the turn (as it sounds like you're considering), you should've folded to the flop raise. You can't call the flop raise hoping to hit a jack on the turn (and the jack of spades might've put you to an even harder decision).

Why did you minraise preflop? Do you enjoy defining your hand out of position against multiple opponents without charging them?

BirdieLongSocks 04-11-2005 10:36 AM

I dont mind racing AJs from SBin the 0.5/1 game but you haft to bet bigger. Then pot bet on the flop wen you hit.

However you might be in the lead since i find his bet on the turn quite wierd, your bet call on the river and check on the turn makes you weak and I think it might be a steal but that is very read dependent.

authority11 04-11-2005 10:53 AM

with the raise, i hadnt min raised in the session yet so i was trying to mix it up--- i usually wouldn't do this--- anyways, i wasnt planning giving up the hand when i called the reraise, but i also wasn't expecting a 20 dollar pot bet when i checked either--- i mean i was expecting for him to come out somewhat aggressively but his bet seemed like he really wanted to drive out the flush. i put him on a set as i could see 55 limping easy right there and being scared of the straigh and flush draws.

mythrilfox 04-11-2005 11:00 AM

What did you hope to accomplish by "mixing it up"? Sure, I can say that if I open-limp from every position and min-raise every bet for the next 8 hours, I am mixing it up.

Some plays are just bad plays, out and out. This is one of them. You are out of position with a weak hand against extreme aggression. You are obviously folding.