Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Why do people demand full tables 100% of the time? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=225914)

A-Baum 04-04-2005 04:48 PM

Why do people demand full tables 100% of the time?

I keep reading posts with people just bitching up a storm that a dealer didn't fill an empty seat or two within X minutes.

Why the rush? Personlly, I like playing against 7-8 players. It moves a little bit faster and in my opinion is a more lively game. I'm just curious what it is about full games that gives players such a hard on.

Asufiji2004 04-04-2005 05:01 PM

Re: Why do people demand full tables 100% of the time?

House rakes same from pot with a 9 man table as it does with a 7 man table. Same rake from smaller pot = less $$ for you.

beetyjoose 04-04-2005 05:31 PM

I'm with you A-baum. I prefer a few under a full table. Especially at Foxwoods where they take an hourly rake for the NL tables instead of directly out of the pot. While it is true you are posting blinds more often, one could argue you get better position more often.

RacersEdge 04-04-2005 05:50 PM

I hate less than full tables. Smaller pots mean you more often will not have pot odds to chase after your draws. I don't like being eaten up by the blinds either.

toots 04-04-2005 06:00 PM

Aside from the obvious points, like I'd rather have 9 fish chasing my nutz instead of 3 or 4, there's also another issue:

After waiting for two hours for a seat, I don't like to sit at a shorthanded table, because it tells me that at least part of my wait was because the staff weren't doing their jobs. I mean, if they're willing to let seats go empty with 50+ waiting lists after I've been seated, it's pretty fair to assume that they were also willing to do that before I got seated.

Derek in NYC 04-04-2005 06:49 PM

Because they are no good at playing shorthanded.

CCx 04-04-2005 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DING! Correct.

mostsmooth 04-04-2005 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DING! Correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
or maybe they like full tables?

lehighguy 04-04-2005 07:11 PM

Assuming is is a time rake game:

1) Superstition
2) Want action
3) Want big pots so they hit the jackpot
4) Think for some reason a full ring game benefits thier style of playing every flop.

TheMetetron 04-04-2005 07:15 PM

I prefer full tables at a B&M against your average low-mid limit players since their ridiculously crappy style of play is much less "wrong" short handed. If the table is a little tougher, I don't mind the short handed play at all.